PDA

View Full Version : Removing Cashbook Complete

bk T
17-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Wanted to remove Cashbook Complete (with old data from previous owner) and reinstall Cashbook Complete but the old data just refuses to go away.

How do I get rid of this Cashbook completely and reinstall my Cashbook with my data and details?

Have tried to use Ccleaner to clear the registry but doesn't work.

CliveM
17-06-2011, 12:38 PM
The users data is obviously left behind after uninstalling Cashbook. Someone with more knowledge than I will no doubt be able to tell you where to look.

Snorkbox
17-06-2011, 12:52 PM
The data will probably be in C:\My Docs\Cashbook

From FAQ:-

1.In the software, click on the "Help" menu (top of the screen) and select "Support".
2.On the Support screen, the last paragraph of text reads "If we need you to send us your Cashbook...". The text that follows shows you which folder your Cashbook datafile is stored in, and what it's filename is, for example:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Cashbook Data\YourCompany.CB

Find the data file for the previous user and delete same I would say.

Lawrence
17-06-2011, 01:06 PM
With Cashbook Complete installed,I would use Revo Uninstaller and use the most complete option that gets rid of everything them reinstall and apply your backup files

Snorkbox
17-06-2011, 01:20 PM
But if a backup is applied will he not get the other user files he does not want?

bk T
17-06-2011, 01:32 PM
With Cashbook Complete installed,I would use Revo Uninstaller and use the most complete option that gets rid of everything them reinstall and apply your backup files

Revo does remove the program and registry entries but not the data files.

The data will probably be in C:\My Docs\Cashbook

From FAQ:-

1.In the software, click on the "Help" menu (top of the screen) and select "Support".
2.On the Support screen, the last paragraph of text reads "If we need you to send us your Cashbook...". The text that follows shows you which folder your Cashbook datafile is stored in, and what it's filename is, for example:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Cashbook Data\YourCompany.CB

Find the data file for the previous user and delete same I would say.

Manually deleted the Cashbook Data from your your advice does the trick.:thumbs:

Thank You All

Lawrence
17-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Does not he want to rid of the old data from the old owner?

If he has his old data that has not been tainted by what he using now,ie taken backup from a diff comp and apply to this one after a hard uninstall has been done

If you get my jist

Snorkbox
17-06-2011, 01:39 PM
OK.

Looks like it's fixed now anyway. :)

mzee
17-06-2011, 11:30 PM
With Cash Book all your Data, setup and registration are in the one file, which is duplicated as a backup and placed somewhere of your choice. Just replace the Data backup file with yours and restore it.