PDA

View Full Version : Trackpoint middle button

bot
14-06-2011, 08:57 PM
I have a IBM T43 with a trackpoint, which I use often. Right now, the button is set so when I press it and drag the trackpoint the current window scrolls. However I want to change it so it acts as the middle button on an ordinary mouse (ie when you use it to "click" a link the link opens in a new tab). Therefore, is there some software that can "map" the middle button to the mouse middle button, much like KeyTweak?

Thanks in advance,
bot

Erger
15-06-2011, 11:21 PM
On all the IBM/Lenovo I have had and still have I have gone to the mouse settings in control panel and there is a tab usually labeled (in the current case) 'UltraNav' in that is an option to enable TrackPoint and under settings there is the options for 'Scrolling', 'Magnify' or 'Neither' which is what I select (neither). Doing so sets the middle button to operate the same as the middle button on a mouse.

bot
16-06-2011, 12:33 AM
On all the IBM/Lenovo I have had and still have I have gone to the mouse settings in control panel and there is a tab usually labeled (in the current case) 'UltraNav' in that is an option to enable TrackPoint and under settings there is the options for 'Scrolling', 'Magnify' or 'Neither' which is what I select (neither). Doing so sets the middle button to operate the same as the middle button on a mouse.

bot
16-06-2011, 01:07 AM
Yep, works a treat :D Thanks a lot