PDA

View Full Version : why wont the damn thing run??

08-10-2001, 07:41 PM
I am running a Japanese language os of Windows Me. I broought a copy of Shogun Total War in Singapore. it was the international release. whenever i go to run it i comes up with a problem involving 'Shogun.icd' what the hell is an ICD file? and can i get around it? HELP!!

08-10-2001, 08:17 PM
'Shogun has caused an invalid page fault in shgun.icd'

This error can occur on some newer laptop computers and dual display video cards. To resolve this make sure that the latest drivers for the video card are installed. On some laptop, there is an option to turn off the docking station.

If the problem still occurs, disabling DirectDraw Acceleraction before loading the game can help.

08-10-2001, 08:20 PM
The ICD file is related to the copy protection on the CD.

You didn't the 'special' $10 version did you.

There are programs that will let you get around it, have a look at www.gamecopyworld.com.

Its probably illegal to use there (although I think there are valid uses for them), but if you have a copied version then you probably don't care anyway.

08-10-2001, 09:22 PM
This is related to 'SafeDisk' copy-protection, find out more @ www.cdmediaworld.com

09-10-2001, 01:08 AM
i brought it at the airport so i dont understand why it would be a copy protection thing! damn program. it works on my old ladys junk heap of a computer. mines really high powered so its a mystery!