PDA

View Full Version : Problem updating Active@ Disk Image

tuiruru
12-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi

I hadn't updated it for a while so from inside Active@ Disc Image I asked it to look for updates and it said there was one. I followed the instructions to uninstall the current version, downloaded the new version and installed it, only to be told that my licence key wasn't valid.

I told it to continue and it told me I had an evaluation copy.

I went back thru' my records and found the original licence key, and went to register it only to find that the required licence key was nearly twice as long as the one I have.

It was at this point that I noticed the new version was V 5point something.

Does this mean I have to pay in order to get a new licence key in order to use the "update"? Please advise what I do next.

Many thanks :( :illogical

feersumendjinn
12-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Wainuitech may be able to help, failing that I would send the vendor an email :)

gary67
13-06-2011, 07:52 AM
Been through this just email them and they send out a key to you

tuiruru
13-06-2011, 07:55 AM

Hi gary

Yeah, I thought this had happened before but I couldn't find the thread when I searched for it. I have sent them an e-mail and hoping for a reply.

If Wainui or anyone else can chip in with anything else I'd be grateful. :)

Neil McC
13-06-2011, 08:18 AM
Same thing happened to me.It is an upgrade,not an update.Was a bit annoyed about that,but decided to stay with it.Paid for the new version and they sent me the new number.

tuiruru
13-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Same thing happened to me.It is an upgrade,not an update.Was a bit annoyed about that,but decided to stay with it.Paid for the new version and they sent me the new number.

Tht'a right. Their distinction between update and upgrade seems a bit fuzzy, because the link is actually in the Update section.

What's V 5 do that 4.x didn't? Do I need it?

Neil McC
13-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Changes
5.0.2 04/09/2011 - New: Added scripting support
- New: Image encryption
- Fixed: Unable to restore partition as logical drive onto not initialized disk
- Fixed: When selecting a base backup for incremental/differential image, only .ADI files should be shown
- Changed: A warning added to the log suggesting to reboot machine in case of restoring/copying to a GPT disk
- Fixed: Refreshing device list in the main menu does not affect device list in script wizard
- Fixed: Application might crash on disks bigger than 2 TB in certain conditions
- Fixed: Fixed: Application crashes when disks with sector size bigger than 512 bytes are connected

whatever all that means!!
Had no problems with version 4 ,but I do like to upgrade essential programs !

tuiruru
13-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Changes
5.0.2 04/09/2011 - New: Added scripting support
- New: Image encryption
- Fixed: Unable to restore partition as logical drive onto not initialized disk
- Fixed: When selecting a base backup for incremental/differential image, only .ADI files should be shown
- Changed: A warning added to the log suggesting to reboot machine in case of restoring/copying to a GPT disk
- Fixed: Refreshing device list in the main menu does not affect device list in script wizard
- Fixed: Application might crash on disks bigger than 2 TB in certain conditions
- Fixed: Fixed: Application crashes when disks with sector size bigger than 512 bytes are connected
Thanks Neil. :thumbs:

gary67
13-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Wish they would add incremental updates to the schedule

tuiruru
14-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Hi Gary

1)How long before they got back to you?

2) Were you jumping from 4.x to 5.x?

gary67
14-06-2011, 08:25 AM
I think it was overnight, no from 5.01 I think to whatever the new one is maybe 5.04

tuiruru
14-06-2011, 08:31 AM
I think it was overnight, no from 5.01 I think to whatever the new one is maybe 5.04

Hmmm .... I'll give it t'il tomorrow and then send them another one.

Preumably you paid for the 5 version. I've had mine for less than a year and now I have to pay for and upgrade? Hmmmm....

wainuitech
14-06-2011, 09:25 AM
If you go to the Pricing page Here (http://www.disk-image.net/price.htm) - down the bottom is the upgrade/Updating option, click on that, Customer support center (https://secure.lsoft.net/clients/) sign in with your email and password you used when you created the account when first purchased, and it will show you whats available.

As it states on their site , Upgrades are available for the free for the first 90 days after purchase. Updates are free.

I have just upgraded mine Via those links, from version 4 - 5. (what ever it is) took about 2 minutes total, then downloaded the new version.

Edited:
Mine got upgraded to the latest version of Pro, which Gary will be wanting :D

Now has the feature ;
Scheduled incremental backups support incremental images

tuiruru
14-06-2011, 04:25 PM
If you go to the Pricing page Here (http://www.disk-image.net/price.htm) - down the bottom is the upgrade/Updating option, click on that, Customer support center (https://secure.lsoft.net/clients/) sign in with your email and password you used when you created the account when first purchased, and it will show you whats available.

As it states on their site , Upgrades are available for the free for the first 90 days after purchase. Updates are free.

I have just upgraded mine Via those links, from version 4 - 5. (what ever it is) took about 2 minutes total, then downloaded the new version.

Edited:
Mine got upgraded to the latest version of Pro, which Gary will be wanting :D

Now has the feature ;

Hi Wainui

I'm having a busy week - it;s confusing me!! So, did you have to pay them? :stare: