PDA

View Full Version : Sony vegas 9 rendering problems

subwoofer
12-06-2011, 08:09 PM
I have recently started making call of duty 4 videos, i record with avidemo and put it into sony vegas 9 with a song but after it has been rendered there is no audio. I am rendering in a .mp4 format, the video file is .avi and the audio file is .mp3, i have tried googling and have gained no useful info on the subject, i am hoping you guys can help.

BBCmicro
13-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Because the clip has been recorded without sound it's possible the editor thinks that's the way it has to be. There's probably an option for enabling sound. Also make sure multiplexing is turned on

(These comments relate to my experience with Adobe Premiere)

autechre
13-06-2011, 10:23 AM
You've definitely imported both the video & music? Did the video have its own audio track as well?
What are your export settings for the .mp4 file and which type of .mp4 are you creating - Sony or Mainconcept(I think)?

subwoofer
13-06-2011, 05:29 PM
You've definitely imported both the video & music? Did the video have its own audio track as well?
What are your export settings for the .mp4 file and which type of .mp4 are you creating - Sony or Mainconcept(I think)?

I am using mainconcept, the video has no audio and im trying to add in a song, both the video and the song are in the timeline when i render. And i have turned the audio for the song up in the timeline (maybe i should turn the audio for the video file up aswell?) Im really confused, ive watched a bunch of youtube tutorials for rendering in .mp4 and followed the instructions but i still have no audio.

subwoofer
13-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Because the clip has been recorded without sound it's possible the editor thinks that's the way it has to be. There's probably an option for enabling sound. Also make sure multiplexing is turned on

(These comments relate to my experience with Adobe Premiere)

Can't find anything about 'multiplexing' on google could you please explain? How do I enable it?

subwoofer
13-06-2011, 05:42 PM
My render settings (hope this helps)
Include audio-yes
profile-main
frame rate-60
field order-none(progressive scan)
pixel aspect ratio-1.0000
number of reference frames-2 use deblocking filter-no
constant bitrate-no variable bitrate-yes two pass-yes
maximum/average bitrate-14000000

AUDIO
Include audio-yes
sample rate-96000
bit rate-448000

PROJECT
video rendering quality-best

BBCmicro
13-06-2011, 06:41 PM
I don't know anything about Vegas (other than what I learned from staying in the Hilton for a week:)) but in Adobe Premiere there's a tab for 'multiplexer' (might be called 'mux' in yours?) which has to be enabled. It's where the sound is interleaved with the video.

I use sample rate 44100 - your 96000 is one 0 too many perhaps? - and never go above 256000 for the audio bitrate

I would also question 60p (unless that's what the video is captured at). 30p is adequate

And 14Mbps is over the top too. I normally use 4Mbps

I presume you are using MPEG-4 Level 2 (ie, Xvid or Divx) not MPEG-4 Level 10 (ie, x264, H264). I would recommend Xvid until one gets the hang of things

subwoofer
13-06-2011, 07:33 PM
I cant find anything called 'mux', I tried using a program called avimux but that had no video and only audio, this is doing my head in, I mean it should work, right?

BBCmicro
13-06-2011, 07:59 PM
'mux' is slang for 'multiplexer'. If you can't find it, try the other settings (audio sample rate, bitrate). I have found problems like yours from unsupported sample rate.

There's a free software called MediaInfo which you can open the Vegas output file with (the file that doesn't have any audio). Copy and paste the info here. It is very diagnostic. (Even recommended by Western Digital when I bought a WD Live HD media player)

subwoofer
13-06-2011, 08:13 PM
'mux' is slang for 'multiplexer'. If you can't find it, try the other settings (audio sample rate, bitrate). I have found problems like yours from unsupported sample rate.

There's a free software called MediaInfo which you can open the Vegas output file with (the file that doesn't have any audio). Copy and paste the info here. It is very diagnostic. (Even recommended by Western Digital when I bought a WD Live HD media player)

Okay, im downloading it now, I just recorded a video with fraps (the audio and video are 1 file) and rendered it in vegas with the same settings, still no audio.

EDIT:Trying it with lowest sample and bitrate.

subwoofer
13-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Okay, ive changed those settings, the audio works, but it sounds like i threw my speakers into some water and played my video.

Speedy Gonzales
13-06-2011, 08:40 PM
If its got settings (if its a realtek soundcard), it may not be on the default sound (the icon for it is in control panel)

subwoofer
13-06-2011, 08:41 PM
YES!!!! It works! Thank you so much this has been annoying me so much for the past 3 days, thanks again!