PDA

View Full Version : Address Book

08-10-2001, 05:28 PM
Hi

I have a dual boot system of Win98 and Win2k. I've made an E: drive where common mail is kept and would like to share the address book file (.wab). I can't find an open .wab option. Does anyone out there know how I can do this?

TIA

ps. I'm running OE5.5, Address Book 5.5

08-10-2001, 06:13 PM
The Windows Address Book used by Outlook Express is located in the <Windows>\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book folder, where <Windows> is the folder in which Windows 95/98 is installed.

If you move or rename the address book file, you must update the following registry key to point to the file's new name or location:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WAB\WAB4\Wab File Name\(Default)

Before editing the registry make a backup! To change the folder Regedit (Start / Run / type regedit), browse to the above key and modify it.

At this time you may also wish to change the storage location of Outlook Express mail or news. This value is located in the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Expres

08-10-2001, 06:17 PM
Opps, OE 5 already has the ability to move the mail and news foler without editing the registry

If you want to move the location of the message store files Outlook Express 5 is currently using, follow these steps in Outlook Express 5:

On the Tools menu, click Options. Click the Maintenance tab, and then click Store Folder. Click Change, specify the folder that you want to use to store your messages, and then click OK.

The registry location for Outlook Express 5 is
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{idnum}\Software\Micr osoft\Outlook Express