PDA

View Full Version : Olympus AS-5000 installed and operating

dianne pierce
09-06-2011, 10:03 PM
but I cannot get the foot switch to operate. PC saying "device not recognised. Can someone help please? Operating on Windows XP Home Edition. I have 1500 RAM I have 4 USB ports. The message comes up saying a device malfunctioned your pc does not recognise the device

Speedy Gonzales
09-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Is it a voice recorder? Is SP3 installed? Try going to device manager and delete all the entries under USB controllers, then reboot. See if that fixes it. You're not plugging it into a USB hub are you? Not all USB devices work with hubs

wainuitech
09-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Had a job back in Feb with a new Dictaphone doing that, cant remember the model though, installed the latest drivers and it worked fine afterwards.

dianne pierce
09-06-2011, 10:53 PM
It is a transcription kit. Yes SP3 is installed. No I am plugging it into a USB Port not hub. Nervous about uninstalling USB controllers so want to check with you again first. This is what is written under USB Controllers. STD enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller, STD Open HCD USB Host Controller, STD Open HCD USB Host Controller, USB Mass Storage Advice, USB Root Hub, USB Root Hub, USB Root Hub, USB Root Hub then under those "Unkown Primary IDE Channel, Primary IDE Channel, Secondary IDE Channel, Secondary IDE Channel, Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller, Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller. It only gives the option to uninstall not delete the entries. Shall I go ahead

Speedy Gonzales
09-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Uninstall

USB Controllers. STD enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller, STD Open HCD USB Host Controller, STD Open HCD USB Host Controller, USB Mass Storage Advice, USB Root Hub, USB Root Hub, USB Root Hub, USB Root Hub

Dont worry about the IDE entries

They'll come back after you reboot. Then see if it works.

dianne pierce
09-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Cannot uninstall the above. Am I doing it correctly? I go into system, click onto device manager, right click onto the first entry and choose uninstall, then a warning message tells me I am about to uninstall the entry and is this correct, I answer yes, then the entry disappears but when I reboot the entry reloads. Tried to use the foot swithc for Olympus but it still won't work. Anything else I can do speedy

Speedy Gonzales
09-06-2011, 11:56 PM
Yup you did it right. Did you install the software for it, since it looks like it comes with a CD?

dianne pierce
10-06-2011, 12:00 AM
No a professional installed it. I have the cd. We purchased it and it is licensed to be used on 2 computers. The Cd was used on my sons computer and then on mine. I am reluctant to uninstall and reinstall it in case the license number isn't accepted

Speedy Gonzales
10-06-2011, 12:10 AM
Have you got this manual??

http://www.dictation.co.nz/webfiles/Dictation/files/Foot_Control_Not_Working.pdf

It says

If the software and Foot Control have just been installed and the Foot Control isn’t working at all.

The wrong software module has been installed.

Check that you have installed the Olympus software using the Licence ID Code that came with your “Transcription” kit. The Foot Control will not work if you have installed the software using the Licence ID that came with a “Dictation” kit.

Open your Olympus software program and go to “Help – About” to display the name and version number of the software. The Licence ID no. is displayed under the User ID and Company Name. Transcription Kit Software Details and Licence ID formats are listed below:

AS-5000 DSS Player Pro Transcription Module v5 RT51 …

dianne pierce
10-06-2011, 12:49 AM
Thank you so much for that info. I have read it carefully and tried several suggestions but none helped. Yes it has been installed using the ID number that came with the Transcription module. Many thanks for all your help. I will contact the supplier in the morning

Speedy Gonzales
10-06-2011, 12:51 AM
No probs :)

dianne pierce
10-06-2011, 06:57 PM
After all that drama speedy I found out that the connection cables that came with the foot switch were faulty so I am getting it replaced by Olympus. Thanks for the help you gave me last night, very much appreciated

Speedy Gonzales
10-06-2011, 07:01 PM
No worries. Good to hear you figured out the prob