PDA

View Full Version : D Link Gaming Router

Hitech
04-06-2011, 09:04 AM
I"Ve had Telstraclear cable broadband installed and have this router which is around 6 years old.

I plugged it in last night went into the router config page and discovered most of the orange graphic and function buttons needed to click on all missing.

All i get is a white backgound colour with a few functiosn down the left side in blue writng even the firmware upgrade and tools functions are not there it looks like a web page not loaded properly when accessed.

Also it's own ip address built in to it no longer works it now uses telstras ip address to get into the settings but still can't do much. I tried resetting the router using the reset button but no good.

Funnily enough despite all this the router is working and functional but i was wanting to upgrade the firmware but am unable to due to the limited functionality as described.

Can somebody please help.

Speedy Gonzales
04-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Does it work with cable, if it was for normal BB? Dont they use different modems?

Hitech
04-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Yes its a cable router it has wan at the back and four ethernet ports at the back have used it with telstra before.

For some reason its decided to pack a **** and do away with the ip config page which had the firmware and other tools on it.

maybe im gonna have to fork out some dosh for a new one.