PDA

View Full Version : Internet connection problems

08-10-2001, 10:08 AM
I've recently lost the ability to surf the web (post install/uninstall of either ZoneAlarm or DUN update 1.4).
I am able to connect but I only receive or send around 400 bytes and eventually IE says I have a DNS problem or cannot find server. Outlook express is also unable to access any of my e-mail accounts (pop and html).
In an effort to remedy this I've re-installed and uninstalled ZoneAlarm using window's add/remove programs and the program's own uninstall facility. I've removed all reference to ZoneAlarm from the registry IAW their home page tech support. I've uninstalled and re-installed DUN IAW an article on the MS knowledge base, and finally I re-installed Windows 98.
Anyone got anymore suggestions?
Thanks

08-10-2001, 10:43 AM
Hi,it sounds like you might have a TCP/IP problem.Try going to your network settings and uninstall then re-install your tcp/ip for your modem
Hope this helps
Peter

08-10-2001, 01:09 PM
just to make sure zonealarm is not the culprit, search for vsdata95.vxd (it should be in windows/system) and delete it.

09-10-2001, 03:48 PM
Thanks tweak'e, that particular file is no longer (and wasn't when I posted my initial posting) on my computer. Any more suggestions?

09-10-2001, 03:51 PM
Thanks Peter, I tried your suggestion (again I think, but just to be sure) and still no luck. Any more suggestions?