PDA

View Full Version : QoS for VoIP on Linksys AG310 - Xnet VFX

ryanjames.powell
02-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Hey guys,
I'm on Xnet Fusion, naked DSL with a VoIP line. My connection speed is not great (although cabinetisation is happening for my address in a month). I get cutouts while talking to people on the phone, especially if someone is using the internet heavily (ie using YouTube etc). I've approached Xnet about this, and they were unable to advise me on how to set up the QoS on the AG310, and advised I talk to Linksys. Linksys were useless. They didn't know what I was asking, and regardless, my device is out of warranty.

So my question is, do any of you know how to set up QoS to give VoIP traffic priority? I'm thinking I need to prioritise SIP and RTP (mostly RTP), but I don't know which ports RTP uses, and there's no simple "prioritise VoIP" like you'd think there should be on a device like this. The easiest way would be to prioritise the ATA by MAC address, but it's built into the router in this case. Since all traffic apart from VoIP goes through a single server in my house, could I give that server's MAC address low priority?