PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 2 cannot read Audio CDs

07-10-2001, 12:53 PM
I've just started burning my own audio cds. First I convert my mp3s to wavs then burn using a program called MP3 Master. The problem is I get a disk read error from my playstation 2 when trying to play my freshly burned disks.

07-10-2001, 02:05 PM
Does this problem occur when you try to play the 'home made' audio CD's in an standard CD player.

A few things to note are that music CD's normally store the songs in CDA format (but I think that WAV should work just the same) and that the disk session should be closed. If a session is left open the disk will not play on a music CD player.

07-10-2001, 03:16 PM
hi kath, Ive just tried a burnt music disc(created from mp3s)in my ps2 & it works fine.
as previous post says make sure you have closed the disc so it cant be wriiten to again.
.cda is the file extension your song need to be after burning. Im not familiar with the program you are using, but you can download for free musicmatch jukebox which will convert your mp3& burn them to .cda in one simple step. www.musicmatch.com
also another thing is to watch out for some of the cheap discs available these days as the reflective side of the disc is not always suited to other than pc cd-roms. I personaly use & recomend verbatim.\
cheers steve

09-10-2001, 12:07 PM
Hi Tristan, I haven't been able to try the CDs on a Standard CD player yet as ours has packed up. I will whip it in a friends though.
It plays fine in the CDRom drive and shows them as Track 1...track 2 etc. I've explored the disc & they are actually in .cda format. Session closed? - yep. I might take Steves advice and try the verbatim discs (was using Kodak CD-RWs).
Cheers, Kath

10-10-2001, 02:09 PM
Hey Steve, just thought I'd let you know that I've just successfully burnt my first Audio CD. Big Thanks to you & Tristan for your responses. Keep up the good work. MM Jukebox is an excellent little program
Cheers again,
Kath ;)