PDA

View Full Version : PC makes a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

marlinz
26-05-2011, 08:53 AM
I know this will be hard to solve , but i thought i'd try everyone here for ideas

I have a PC running XP , and recently when i try to turn it on the seems to make all sorts of internal noises on pushing the turn on button , but it also does this continuous beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep noise , any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

wainuitech
26-05-2011, 09:13 AM
A continuous beep can mean there is a fan issue/alarm, meaning the Motherboard is not detecting a certain fan or a fan has failed.

It can also mean there is a power related problem somewhere.

I suggest taking the side off the case and starting the PC, look to make sure all fans are plugged in and running.

Trev
26-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Mine made a continous beep on startup, turned out to be a failed motherboard. Still waiting for a replacement one. Lucky for me mine was still under warranty.
:)

Agent_24
28-05-2011, 03:36 AM
Does it actually start up OK or does it do nothing except the beep?

Does it make the sound continuously or does it stop, or stop and then repeat?

Some BIOS do one long beep to indicate bad RAM.

marlinz
29-05-2011, 03:55 PM
i opened it up and all fans appear to be working

after re listening it beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps then restarts with a same length beeeeeeeeeeeeep

does nothing apart from the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeps

it sounds bad :(

wainuitech
29-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Try this -- With the computer off, remove all the RAM.

Blow out the slots, make sure theres no dust or fluff in them, put the RAM back in.
See if it starts OK, if Not and you have more than one stick of RAM, remove them all again, so only one is in, see if it starts, if not, change the RAM stick to the other one.

If you only have one stick of RAM, try another slot.

If you have a graphic Card, remove it, blow out the slot, put it back in.