PDA

View Full Version : tv card

07-10-2001, 11:35 AM
whats the best way to copy/edit video from my analogue camera to the pc then on to a normal vcr tape?
i have an s video cable to get the data on to my pc. i just can't figure out how to put it on to a vcr video tape. i have a 'studio pctv' card and a reasonably recent pc. i also have plenty of editing software (which is the best s/w to use??)
many thanks.
cheers;)

07-10-2001, 02:45 PM
Terry
I have the same PCTV USB and went utterly bonkers trying to get signal out. In the end I borrowed a laptop with a component video output (the connector like the one the PSX uses) and used that connected to a VCR. The sound needed to come from the external speaker connection on the notebook and went into the audio socket on the VCR.
I saw a card that did this at Dick Smith's in Rotorua on Friday night. You will need hardware, but there are a few choices.
Regards, Rob C

07-10-2001, 06:03 PM
There are many options...
generally you capture the video onto disk do the editting... be careful as disk and file space can be a problem as it will chew up gigs in no time. Also depending on your Operating system and the file system may have a 2 gb limit on single file size.
So after you capture you do your editing and save it in the correct format for capturing back on tape. Check this in the editting software.
then play the finished clip back on the pc and record the results.. playing back may vary according to the specific package you use. Check your video and edditing doco on how to do this.
Then when back on tape.. connect to vcr and record as you normally would...
Quite abit of work ... good luck and unfortunately you are going to have to read the manual to figure out the specifics.

Chrs
tee-em