PDA

View Full Version : USB mouse problem :(

goodiesguy
24-05-2011, 07:01 PM
When i normally press down on the Scroll wheel once, it shows an arrow thing and i can scroll by just moving the mouse and not having to hold down any button. No i cant do it? can anyone help me to re enable it?

It worked fine before i put my new video card in.

goodiesguy
24-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Here;s what i cant do on my USB wired mouse anymore for some reason.

(currently having to use Genius Wireless mouse, but it sucks and is slightly smaller so is a pain in the ass.)

wainuitech
24-05-2011, 07:30 PM
If its working on another mouse then its possible the original mouse has developed a fault.

Have you tried the suspect mouse on another computer to see if it does the same thing on that ?

goodiesguy
24-05-2011, 07:35 PM
The mouse works fine connected to my laptop.

Snorkbox
24-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Perhaps you might consider reinstalling the mouse then.

goodiesguy
24-05-2011, 07:49 PM
I just double checked, and it looks like the mouse has developed a fault, as the genius wireless mouse did it fine, and the A4TECH USB mouse i have hooked up now works fine aswell.

goodiesguy
25-05-2011, 01:27 AM
OK, the Wireless mouse got flat within 3 hours (with rechargables) and the A4TECH seems to have something wrong with it (it wants to highlight everything in sight.)

The mouse that wont do the scrolling thing is a Saitek Desktop Optical Mouse Model No.M-188 USB. And it did it fine before i put the nvidia card in, so i might be conflicting with my vid card.

But every other mouse still does this fine, so im confused. I just want to get my Saitek doing it again, as thats the mouse im used to and other mice just feel weird.

Snorkbox
25-05-2011, 01:49 AM
Makes two of us confused then. The mouse does not work and then it does and then it doesn't again.

Do all the mice work in the laptop?

Do any work in the desktop? If so then which?

goodiesguy
25-05-2011, 01:55 PM
All Mice work on my laptop.

My problem mouse still works on my desktop, apart from that scrolling thing that it doesnt seem to want to do anymore.

SolMiester
25-05-2011, 02:49 PM
driver update or configure in control panel