PDA

View Full Version : october disk

07-10-2001, 07:51 AM
anyone else having problems with the october pc world disk?? this is like the 3rd time a faulty disk has come thru. mabey you guys should change your supplier;)

07-10-2001, 08:12 AM
No problems here :-)
Though I have had the odd faulty disk.

07-10-2001, 09:47 AM
Yes mt disk does nothing except freeze the computer- no matter which way I try to access it. Which is a pity because it looked great this month. Can we get new ones?

07-10-2001, 11:17 AM
Me too, loading the disk just
locks up the whole PC. Most
things on the disk you can get over the internet anyway?

07-10-2001, 11:28 AM
stephen, just email or phone pc world (check out the contact section of the main page). they are really good about replacing faulty disks.

07-10-2001, 05:57 PM
Yep, very hard to read.. Takes ages and same on both CD-Rom and CD-Writer. Also Windows DUN Patch trashed system. Even after un-installing the patch, still got iexplorer causing invalid page faults as soon as it was opened and no access to internet. Tried re-installing DUN from Windows 98SE CD and no different. Went to regedit and restored registry from previous day and all came back to normal. MS Strikes Again.. LOL

09-10-2001, 08:09 AM
i have tried 2 oct disc on both pc and they both lock up .its not just you!!!!!!

09-10-2001, 09:29 AM
Have you guys tried skipping the CD autoload??
(This works in Win98)

Insert the disk, and hold down the shift key for a few seconds, or till the cd drive stops 'making noises'.
Then using Windows Explorer (or My Computer: right-click on the cd drive, then select 'explore') access the cd drive, and run the index.htm file, or just browse the folders for the program installation you want.

HTH