PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Card ?

ollieogg
21-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Hi all,
I have been having problems with my ram. After giving the computer a very gentle dusting out, my memory problem has vanished. It seems to have solved the problem of my screen going blank. We use to turn the computer off and wait for a while and voila we would have a working screen again. Unfortunately since the big clean (the dust was caked on everywhere :( ) The computer now makes an extremely aggravating noise. On looking, the sound seems to come from what I suppose is a fan, under the graphics card. Guessing its the graphics card as it says its Radeon HD2400 PRO 256MB DDR2 V/DVD. What needs to be done to fix this... Replace the card ? or fan? or just take to it with an axe as I feel really tempted to do.. the fudging noise drives me nuts:annoyed:
Any help would be appreciated. The only changes we have made to this computer was to add another Gb of ram so its running on two Gb instead of 1.:badpc:

pctek
21-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Take the fan off, clean fan and heatsink.

Replace fan. www.overclockers.co.nz

Replace graphics card - it is incredibly old and lame.........

ollieogg
21-05-2011, 06:25 PM
What should I replace it with?

Speedy Gonzales
21-05-2011, 10:39 PM
What is it? PCI-E?

feersumendjinn
21-05-2011, 11:14 PM
This may help you, especially the Connects To list on the right
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_card

powerover
22-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Replace graphics card - it is incredibly old and lame.........

LOL...u r awesome pctek....in all seriousness tho, ollieogg, you should replace it.....a 5450 will do you nicely and it is cheap :P