PDA

View Full Version : How many of you knew this.

Trev
21-05-2011, 04:13 PM
If you are using Windows Live Mail and have to reinstall your OS and Windows Live Mail that you can recover your email address book by signing into your Windows Live Account and downloading your contacts.
:)

wainuitech
21-05-2011, 04:30 PM
If you are using a windows live account, yeah the two sync, between online and whats on your PC.

If you use a POP account through your ISP, I dont think they will.

bot
21-05-2011, 04:39 PM
If you are using Windows Live Mail and have to reinstall your OS and Windows Live Mail that you can recover your email address book by signing into your Windows Live Account and downloading your contacts.

If you are using Windows Live Mail you need to use a better mail client.

cowboy stu
21-05-2011, 05:46 PM
what do you recomend

Trev
21-05-2011, 05:52 PM
If you are using a windows live account, yeah the two sync, between online and whats on your PC.

If you use a POP account through your ISP, I dont think they will.
No it works through a POP account. This borrowed computer I'm using I have set it up for a pop account.
BTW the fault on my computer is the motherboard. Ascent are waiting for a replacement one.

Metla
21-05-2011, 07:00 PM
I'll be gutted if MS have copied any of my data to their servers without my say so.

wainuitech
21-05-2011, 07:30 PM
When a person uses Live essentials in its default settings( recommended), if you are using Outlook, it has Outlook Connector.
With the Outlook Hotmail Connector, you can view your Windows Live Hotmail contacts in Outlook. By organizing your contacts in Outlook, you can take advantage of the advanced contact management features that Outlook offers such as the new Business Card View, Instant Search, and the ability to sort contacts by different criteria such as location or color category. Additionally, any changes you make to contact information in Outlook will automatically be synchronized with the Web version in your Windows Live Hotmail account. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that Live mail will sync as well. Which of course by clicking "I agree" you actually agree to have items synced.

hueybot3000
22-05-2011, 01:05 AM
Gmail + Android ftw

Agent_24
22-05-2011, 04:34 PM
No, but it sounds like it could be useful