PDA

View Full Version : dvd drive will not read game disc 1

altrounson
20-05-2011, 09:48 PM
just brought trainz 12 i insert disc one and the drive makes lots of noise but eventuly comes up with please inset disc into drive. the drive reads other DVD's fine it even reads disc 2.

any one had simula problems with other games or DVD's that they were able to fix or anyone got any idears

i updated my CD driver firmwear but that didnt fix it

pctek
21-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Take it back and get another copy. The shop will fuss but under the CGA they aren't allowed to.

wainuitech
21-05-2011, 10:12 AM
If its faulty they have to replace it.

BUT if they put it into another PC and show you that it works OK then they don't as it will be your PC causing the problem.

Do you have another computer to try it on before returning to the shop ?

altrounson
21-05-2011, 09:00 PM
the game started randomly working had i kept takeing it out and inserting again and one time it worked the cd is not needed for play lukerly

i brought the game off mightyape who are dam good when it comes to customer service so i no they would have just replaced it but i didnt want to go through the hassel if i could have helped it

dugimodo
23-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Sometimes cleaning your Optical drive's lens with a cleaning disk can help, and also cleaning the disk that won't read - even if it looks clean a fingerprint or spec of dust in the wrong place can totally muck things up.

Sometimes too a drive just won't read one particular disk, it can be a symptom of a failing laser or just a weird case of a drive not "liking" that disk.

On a side note your spelling is atrocious :P