PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express 6

06-10-2001, 09:59 PM
I'm using Outlook Express 6 and I have deleted a POP3 account that was included in my 'Accounts', but when I select 'Recieve All', (mail) the POP3 account is still listed. I recieve my Hotmail email ok but would just like to remove the old POP3 account that is still listed there. I have checked in the c:\windows\application data\identities\.... folder, but no reference was found there. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

06-10-2001, 10:12 PM
Try setting up the pop3 account, then removing the account again. This worked with a similar incident I encountered.

06-10-2001, 10:21 PM
Thanks Dylan but still no luck. I tried (twice) setting up the account and deleting but the old account is still listed. Not sure what else to try.

07-10-2001, 01:18 AM
...just a thought - have you tried deleting the DBX file where this account is held (?)

In OE5x this is located at C:Drive (where 'C' is your main drive) > Windows > Application Data > Identities > Microsoft > Outlook Express.

Hope that helps.

Cheers !!!

e_

07-10-2001, 01:14 PM
Thanks e, yes I have deleted the .dbx file with the same name as the account that I want to remove but still it shows uo on the list of accounts when I choose 'Recieve all' for email. A bit of a mystery this one I think. Thanks anyway.