PDA

View Full Version : Flash player creating speaker interference ?

SP8's
18-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Hi all.

Seem to have what I can only describe as interference (crackling) through to speakers when viewing pages with animation (usually advertising) and the only thing I can see that is different is Flash Player is running.

I have Adobe Flash Player version 10,3,181,14 installed

Just wondering whether anyone else has had this problem and/or whether there is a known fault / fix.

TIA

Agent_24
18-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Possibly it's using too much CPU causing the data stream to your sound card to get interrupted, or something like that.

You could try upgrading your sound and video card drivers.

SP8's
18-05-2011, 11:55 PM
Using less than 2% CPU - this happens when "idle" sitting on a webpage. If it has Flash graphics I can hear interference through speakers - none if on a page without Flash.

Using on-board sound and no problems with CD's, DVD's, or the likes of Grooveshark when listening to online music. Have just noticed via "Speccy" that Audio > Sound Cards lists Realtek HD Audio and Intel (R) Display Audio. Realtek HD Audio for both Input & Output ... Should there be both Realtek & Intel listed for Sound Cards or should there only be one ??

No conflicts showing in device manager.

Agent_24
19-05-2011, 12:03 AM
The Intel Audio might be for an HDMI port, if you have one.

Best bet is to blame Flash itself, but sometimes this kind of thing can be fixed with updated drivers, they get updated with new features and fixes all the time, especially Realtek.

SP8's
19-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Thanks 24 ... I'll see if there's any updates ... starting to pi$$ me off no end !

Agent_24
19-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Or I guess you could try to downgrade Flash and see if that helps...