PDA

View Full Version : Website - Print to A0 / A1 possible? CSS perhaps?

Chilling_Silence
18-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Hi all,

Got a challenge on my hands:
Somebody is basically wanting to have an edit box on the website where they can say "What do you want to be printed?" then take whatever is entered, and on a secondary page display that text with a custom font, and format it so that it'll be printed in landscape mode ready for printing on an A1 or A0 page.

Is something like this possible / difficult? Or is it not really doable? I get the feeling something like CSS should be used, but I've never really gone there terribly much personally....

Thanks

Chill.

dpDesignz
18-05-2011, 10:30 AM
hey man. Not sure if anyone would be able to help you here, but the best place to go (and I use it all the time) would be www.codingforums.com

hueybot3000
18-05-2011, 10:39 AM
I'm sure its possible. Will the outcome always be landscape etc? So it would mainly be the selective content? I would think that would be a php script backed up by a bit of css to force print size and deal with formatting.

There could be a plugin for something like joomla that could be pulled apart to do such things? Il have a look around

hueybot3000
18-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Hmm well I found the opposite of what you want!
User Tools to select parts of site to print (http://dottech.org/freeware-reviews/8851)

Erayd
18-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Quite possible, although noting you're using custom fonts, and taking into account the general crappiness of browser print functions, I suspect that rendering to PDF or to an image would be a better idea.

:pf1mobmini: