PDA

View Full Version : Google Chat problem

bot
13-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Whenever I open Google Chat (the app) and connect, the router crashes and I have to reboot it. I was wondering if maybe Google Chat was trying to repeatedly access a blocked port or something. Note: It does this with Digsby as well, so maybe it is a universal port or something

Specifications: Windows 7, Thomson TG585v8

Many Thanks and Advanced.

wainuitech
14-05-2011, 12:25 AM
According to this (http://www.google.com/support/talk/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=27930) google chat uses port 443 OR 5222.

Maybe you can open one , if not both of the ports for Google chat :2cents:

Interesting is the fact that port 443 is normally SSL, meaning used for secure remote desktop Applications.

Love to try that chat to see if I could reproduce the problem BUT, that would mean having the ability to transfer files (Says 443) - thats port forwarded to one of my servers as remote access (as its meant to be) - so maybe I can have a "chat" with my own server :D

bot
14-05-2011, 12:47 AM
Nope, the router FW is off. Whenever I try and login, I lose my WiFi, though not quite sure what would happen if I tried it by cable.

wainuitech
14-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Nope, the router FW is off. Whenever I try and login, I lose my WiFi, though not quite sure what would happen if I tried it by cable. Cant remember where it was, or what router, but Once I had that problem with a customers Laptop, wouldn't allow me into the router settings Via wireless, had to use a Ethernet cable.
Maybe some security feature I guess in the router , to stop hacking in and changing the settings.