PDA

View Full Version : proview monitors ok?

06-10-2001, 05:03 PM
I'm thinking of purchasing a 19' proview monitor & wondered what the press F1 crew think of them? are they ok or junk?
cheers steve

06-10-2001, 05:54 PM
Hi Steve, try giving Monitor & Terminal (Wayne Methorst)in Wellington a ring and ask what they think. You will probably get an unbiased
answer.

( This firm also carries out first-class repairs, but charge a small fee for fault diagnosis if you decide not to proceed)

06-10-2001, 06:33 PM
They are generally regarded as towards the budget end of the market and you get what you pay for.

06-10-2001, 06:46 PM
A simple way to test for a cheap monitor is to check its picture stability. ie does the image grow when there is white on the screen and shrink when there is black.

You can see it moving a white window around on a dark background (but light enought to see the edge of the screen).

If its stable quite a bit of money must have been put into its development as its hard to stop it, so it can be a good general indication of quality.

07-10-2001, 03:24 PM
thanks for the advice guys :)

09-10-2001, 10:39 PM
I'm using a Proview 770 monitor presently.
It's OK as an entry level budget mnonitor as long as you're not too fussed about the image quality. The colour is not as good as other monitors. But the clarity and resolution is fine. I've been using it for over 2 years now without any problems.
The one major drawback is that the viewing area is slightly smaller than monitors of comparable specs (at least for the 17' 770 model anyway).
But if you want amazing picture quality, expecially for image editing etc, go for a flat screen trinitron monitor!