PDA

View Full Version : How to downsize a movie in QuickTime?

Podmon
09-05-2011, 10:56 PM
I downloaded a movie from my new camera and it has gone onto my PC in QuickTime format. I want to upload it onto my blog but can't because the file is huge - more than 200 MB for a movie that's less than 2 minutes long.

I can't open the clip in Windows MovieMaker.

QuickTime's free functions are incredibly basic, and QuickTime Pro (which lets you optimise movies for the Internet) is a total rip off and it doesn't really do much, according to various forum postings I've read. I'd really appreciate some suggestions as to what I can do.

Is it possible to save the file (via Windows Explorer) into some other format? If so, what would that format be?

Speedy Gonzales
09-05-2011, 10:58 PM
See if format factory can convert it to WMV. Then edit it in MM. There are a few posts in here (that are recent) theyre video converters. I think theyre in the other forum / the chat forum

Podmon
10-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Thanks Speedy. I downloaded Format Factory, but it doesn't seem to want to convert my MOV file to a WMV. But at least I now know that format that I need to try and get my video into.

I see there's a bit of freeware on the Internet for converting MOV to WMV. Can you or any of the other readers recommend one that's safe to download?

dpDesignz
10-05-2011, 08:56 AM
www.dvdvideosoft.com

pctek
10-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Pazera Converter.

zqwerty
10-05-2011, 10:24 AM
http://www.majorgeeks.com/XMedia_Recode_d6165.html