PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 4

Guillaume
06-05-2011, 02:56 PM
I have recently upgraded to Firefox version 4. In previous versions, when I had several windows open but minimised to the task bar, I could click on one to maximise it and the others would remain minimised. In version 4, if I seek to maximise one, they all open and I cannot find any way of preventing this. Does anyone have any idea on how I may prevent this?

mikebartnz
06-05-2011, 08:47 PM
What version of Windows?

Guillaume
06-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Windows 7 Ultimate

mikebartnz
07-05-2011, 02:36 AM
If you hover the mouse over the FF icon in the task bar it will pop up a selection of which you want to use. You don't actually say if you have just migrated to Win7. I actually don't like the way that works.

Guillaume
07-05-2011, 08:43 AM
That is what I do, I click on one selection and all the windows maximise. I would have thought that there is a way to prevent this happening, but so far I have been unable to find it...

Windows 7, I have been using since the day it was released and upgraded to 7 Ultimate in February of this year.

zqwerty
07-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Use tabbed browsing instead, using multiple Firefox windows is a step backwards, it is a tabbed browser and this is a big improvement over multiple windows which is a hangover from Internet Explorer early versions.

Guillaume
07-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks. I'll try using tabs but I would still like to resolve the problem...

mikebartnz
07-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Use tabbed browsing instead, using multiple Firefox windows is a step backwards, it is a tabbed browser and this is a big improvement over multiple windows which is a hangover from Internet Explorer early versions.
Agree and it will use less memory using tabs instead of multiple instances of FF.