PDA

View Full Version : Windows Mail problem

QW.
05-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Recently on my Vista PC, I cannot get any of the emails to show in Windows Mail. The emails showup but not any sort of option to open attachments. Also several other emails that contain images will not show at all.

It was working alright till I updated the PC to IE9 and that's when the problems started.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

QW.
05-05-2011, 07:42 PM
IE9 was installed on April 30 2011. Was something to do with the Xtra upgrade happening in the next few months.

ronyville
05-05-2011, 07:49 PM
It was working alright till I updated the PC to IE9 and that's when the problems started.

well, you could uninstall IE9 and see if emails begin to work again.

Safari
05-05-2011, 07:52 PM
It is a problem created by IE9
Double click the email to open in a new page and you should be able to open the attachment.
Or as suggested revert back to IE8

QW.
05-05-2011, 08:04 PM
How do I uninstall IE9? I cannot see an option in add or remove programs to remove IE9.

Or could changing the email client program that the emails come through from Windows mail to something else. What about changing to a different browser like Firefox.

ronyville
05-05-2011, 08:19 PM
How do I uninstall IE9?

Here (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/how-do-i-install-or-uninstall-internet-explorer-9)

wainuitech
05-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Uninstalling IE9 is only a side step, its not fixing the problem. Sooner or later IE9 wont be an optional update, it will come through as a normal update.

Windows Mail in Vista works in conjunction with IE. Since the Layout of IE9 has changed, its stands to reason other programs will be affected.

From another forum:
After playing around with windows mail I found that if I double click on the e-mail that has the pics in it it will open another window which has the some pictures have been block bar on top of the e-mail, then just click on it to view pictures. Same thing goes with attachments double click on the e-mail with the attachment, it will open up a new one and you will see the attachment in the header, open that up and you can view it. If it is a pdf you don't have to save it to your desktop and leave mail to view it, better than it was before.

QW.
05-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Problem sorted. Reverted back to IE8 and installed Firefox 4 to replace IE8.

Thanks to everyone that has posted.