PDA

View Full Version : IE9 Customising

QW.
01-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Is it possible to make Internet Explorer look like IE8? And where can I find the options to remove the toolbars I do not want?

wainuitech
01-05-2011, 11:20 AM
To a certain degree you can -- Right click a blank part by a tab ( red line in the picture below), tick Menu Bar, the old menu bar then appears, under View/toolbars you can disable any toolbars you want.

you can also have the tabs under the address bar if you want, by ticking Show tabs in separate window.

QW.
01-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the information wainuitech. Have got it sorted to some degree. Is there a way to move the address bar?

wainuitech
01-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Where do you want to move it to ?

If you wanted the menu Bar above the Address bar, you used to be able to do it in the RC versions of IE9 (like IE8) by a reg hack, but this feature doesn't work now in the final version of IE9.

Agent_24
01-05-2011, 06:26 PM
You can't.

It's made by Microsoft, so it's a 'Screw you, use it our way or no way at all' affair.

QW.
01-05-2011, 08:51 PM
You can't.

It's made by Microsoft, so it's a 'Screw you, use it our way or no way at all' affair.

Have got IE9 looking better than the default.

Agent_24
02-05-2011, 12:14 AM
You can do what? enable or disable menus, and choose (between 2 predefined locations) where the tabs go? that's pretty much all they let you do... and I'd prefer to do a lot more.

Unless you've got some nifty 3rd party tool?

Snorkbox
02-05-2011, 02:16 AM
You can do what? enable or disable menus, and choose (between 2 predefined locations) where the tabs go? that's pretty much all they let you do... and I'd prefer to do a lot more.

Unless you've got some nifty 3rd party tool?

If you don't want to change IE9 you don't have to. Perhaps you could just go away and change your browser instead.