PDA

View Full Version : Good program to convert.vob to mp4 or mpeg?

Billy T
27-04-2011, 11:45 PM
Hi Team

Billy jnr is a jazz musician and wants to post some of his performances on youtube. They are currently in *.vob format which YT doesn't accept, and I'm thinking that mp4 sounds like a familiar format.

So, assuming that you haven't thrown your hands up in horror at the very idea of using mp4, where can I find a simple, reliable and recommended .vob to .mp4 converter?

I'm short on time at present so I'd rather he did this himself, therefore it is essential that the program is straightforward to install and use as he doesn't have the patience to read past the first two lines of any instructions.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :)

CYaBro
28-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Handbrake is probably the best one for this.
Http://handbrake.fr

:pf1mobmini:

Billy T
28-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Thanks. Looks a bit too technical for him though, so I got him to download the free copy of Winx DVD copy pro as posted by Speedy.

If he stuffs that up I'll go back to Handbrake and see if he can cope. He is just too impatient though, clicking away like mad without really reading what is on screen, then wonders why the program he's playing with spits the dummy.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Chilling_Silence
28-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Handbrake is *easy*. You "Open" the file in Handbrake, and choose the Output Format (AppleTV should be good quality).
Then, click Convert.

Done! :)

ubergeek85
28-04-2011, 09:42 PM
If you can get him to pay attention for a few seconds, VLC might be an option too - it has built-in transcoding profiles for H.264 MP4s, among others. Might want to get him to adjust the default bit rate though (800Kbit/s).

Chilling_Silence
29-04-2011, 08:10 AM
Except its a bit more involved than Handbrake ;)