PDA

View Full Version : NT4 Event Viewer Messages

05-10-2001, 03:33 PM
While trying to solve some system problems which was traced to corrupt IE 5.5 files I have noticed about 20 error messages in the Event Viewer Log. They are along the lines of:
'The Root Registry key denied access to SYSTEM account programs so the Service Control Manager took ownership of the Registry key.'
And
'The LEGACY_CLIKCARD Registry key denied access to SYSTEM account programs so the Service Control Manager took ownership of the Registry key.'
I am running NT4 service pack 5 on a Cleron 500 machine. The original problem was resolved by reinstalling IE 5.5. The system appears to be working at the moment. Any suggestion? Should this be a concern?

martinfreeman
28-07-2005, 01:59 PM
While trying to solve some system problems which was traced to corrupt IE 5.5 files I have noticed about 20 error messages in the Event Viewer Log. They are along the lines of:
'The Root Registry key denied access to SYSTEM account programs so the Service Control Manager took ownership of the Registry key.'
And
'The LEGACY_CLIKCARD Registry key denied access to SYSTEM account programs so the Service Control Manager took ownership of the Registry key.'
I am running NT4 service pack 5 on a Cleron 500 machine. The original problem was resolved by reinstalling IE 5.5. The system appears to be working at the moment. Any suggestion? Should this be a concern?

If you had any replies to this please let me know as I have the same problem.
Cheers
Martin Freeman

Jen
28-07-2005, 07:20 PM
What is your specific problem? The original poster from 4 years ago was asking about those event log messages, but commented the system worked fine otherwise. What sort of symptoms does your WinNT4 machine have? Do you have Service Pack 6a installed for NT4?