PDA

View Full Version : Very slow typing of emails in Windows Mail

curly
25-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Typing up an email proceeds as normal for a minute or so, but then begins to slow down the typing rate until I can enter a letter at about once every 2/3 seconds. Obviously this is a pain in the U know where, as it takes ages for an average sized mail.

Where do I even (OK it now lets me type very slowly) start to fix the problem ?

Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Mail.

curly
25-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Typing up an email proceeds as normal for a minute or so, but then begins to slow down the typing rate until I can enter a letter at about once every 2/3 seconds. Obviously this is a pain in the U know where, as it takes ages for an average sized mail.

Where do I even (OK it now lets me type very slowly) start to fix the problem ?

Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Mail.

Just had a thought, using a wireless keyboard, which takes two AA batteries. If they were getting flat, could that cause the problem ? Got a USB keyboard here (somewhere), will locate it and see if that cures the problem. Will report back !

The Error Guy
25-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Obviously the computer doesn't grab you and hold you down so you can't type :D, i'm guessing you mean that after you press a key, nothing happens for a few secs?

curly
25-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Obviously the computer doesn't grab you and hold you down so you can't type :D, i'm guessing you mean that after you press a key, nothing happens for a few secs?

U got it !