PDA

View Full Version : MYOB repair

NZHawk
24-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Does anyone know of a way to repair a MYOB data file (recent.mdb)
without going to MYOB?

wainuitech
24-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Recent backup?

Not much help, but have a customer that had a corrupted MYOB file. MYOB first suggested use a backup - other wise it was going to cost quite a bit for them to try and recover it.
I dont actually use MYOB , but have you tried running the Data Verifier through it ? no Idea if that will help or not.

NZHawk
24-04-2011, 11:22 AM
wainuitech (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/member.php?u=21335), many thanks.
I was able to restore the backup.
unable to data verify as it couldn't access it.

was hoping there was an no-cost or inexpensive way to repair the data file as it crapped out after a FULL day of retail activity - that if it can't be repaired, will need to be re-entered in.

wainuitech
24-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Someone still may be able to suggest a fix. At least its only one day, and not the complete accounting package that's turned turtle.

The customer I was talking to said MYOB weren't exactly too helpful, but in the end "Finally" got through to the right person - then they wanted to the $$.

He told me when he first rang MYOB, he was told and I quote " We dont handle databases any more, they are now out sourced to another company" :confused: WTF ! :illogical

NZHawk
24-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Agreed WTF!!!:waughh:

DeSade
24-04-2011, 02:02 PM
That is utter crap Wainuitech, wonder why you were told that.

I can fix it, I'll send you a PM.

wainuitech
24-04-2011, 02:22 PM
That is utter crap Wainuitech, wonder why you were told that.

I can fix it, I'll send you a PM. Read what I put - Thats is what I was told by the customer who had spoken to MYOB help desk, I was only repeating what I was told -- NOT from personal experience.

DeSade
24-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Read what I put - Thats is what I was told by the customer who had spoken to MYOB help desk, I was only repeating what I was told -- NOT from personal experience.

Oh I see,
I would have to call bullsh*t on that one I think.

wainuitech
24-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Just reading through MYOB's site - "maybe" This here (http://myob.co.nz/business/customer-service-support/support/sunset-support-page-1257828257963) is what the customer was referring to as his version is not exactly the latest - Only a guess :)

DeSade
24-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Quite possibly,
When a product is sunset MYOB no longer touches it any any way.
Sometimes partners will still support it thou.