PDA

View Full Version : MS Internet Explorer Version 6

05-10-2001, 11:53 AM
I've just installed MS Internet Explorer, Version 6 from the PCWorld CD. It has finally solved a problem that I have had for sometime and that is the very, very slow loading of Express. However another problem has now surfaced and while it is not a major issue I wondered if there is a solution to it anyway. My wife enjoys the ocassional card game on the computer and one that she is quite fond of playing is FreeCell. Since loading MS Explorer 6, FreeCell no longer works. The FreeCell screen appears but there are no cards. Also another card game called Golf comes up with an error and refuses to load too. Your assistance may save really me some grief later on when my wife starts suffering 'withdrawal' systems from her card game 'fix'.

Thnak you
Terry Stevens

05-10-2001, 01:06 PM
Most likely scenario - MSIE6 replaced a/some files used by your wifes beloved card game.

You may be able to fix this, by going to add/remove programs in Control Panel, then choosing add/remove windows components. Try removing the tick from the games catagory, allowing windows to delete the game, then placing the tick back in the box. This may replace the changed file.

09-10-2001, 10:38 AM
Thanks, Dylan - tried that and it did partially work, but eventually froze

I'm very happy with the performance of Explore 6 and Outlook Express so I will find a suitable replacement of Freecell that will reside alongside the above without causing conflict

Many thanks for your help though

Regards
Terry