PDA

View Full Version : Seeking web developer for online shopping mall

Kathryn
21-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi
I'm looking for a web developer in the Auckland area to build an online shopping mall on a shares only basis for the 1st 4 months approximately with the option of sticking with project on salary after that. Its a start up business although all of the preliminary work has been done including design/mapping of site and all business side of things including incredibly positive responses from a large number of online businesses who are very excited about it,just ready to be built and launched. If any one is interested please contact me, Kathryn (drewkathryn@hotmail.com) or (09 428 2430) or (021 065 4598). It's a big project, one I'm very passionate about, been committed to it for the last year and a half so far and I have the vision and total commitment and am incredibly driven to build it up to own the online shopping space in NZ in the near future. I hope to hear from people who will share my vision for this project and work with me to turn it into reality!

Kathryn
21-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Hi
I'm looking for a web developer in the Auckland area to build an online shopping mall on a shares only basis for the 1st 4 months approximately with the option of sticking with project on salary after that. Its a start up business although all of the preliminary work has been done including design/mapping of site and all business side of things including incredibly positive responses from a large number of online businesses who are very excited about it,just ready to be built and launched. If any one is interested please contact me, Kathryn (drewkathryn@hotmail.com) or (09 428 2430) or (021 065 4598). It's a big project, one I'm very passionate about, been committed to it for the last year and a half so far and I have the vision and total commitment and am incredibly driven to build it up to own the online shopping space in NZ in the near future. I hope to hear from people who will share my vision for this project and work with me to turn it into reality!

bot
21-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Tip #1: Don't make copies of posts.

Digby
21-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Best of Luck
You say you have the vision and the total commitment.
What about the third requirement - large amounts of cash ?

I look forward to being able to sell my product on your mall.

Kathryn
21-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Hi
I don't have the funds and this is why I require a developer on shares only basis initially. I would ideally like to employ a web developer and regain 100% controll rather than pay with shares initially but I have to do the shares thing to move forward. Logistically it took a while to figure out how to put it all together with out the funds but I've managed to figure it out and like I said ready to get it built and launched to start making money. I don't know if your site is on the 1st page of google or not but my site is going to be brilliant for the 75% of online shopping businesses who currently aren't on the 1st page as it will put them there so... will hopefully be generating a lot more business for you soon : )

pctek
21-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Telecom couldn't even do it and you have no money.
Shares - 10%, 50% whatever of $0 is $0.

Kathryn
21-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Not quite the way it works and just because one person/company makes a mess of a project it doesn't mean another won't do it right. It's perfectly achievable, being incredibly successful in other countries. A little thought for the day - it doesn't hurt to dream big, with a bit of hard work and persaverance,a few other ingredients in the recipe for sucess, well... it's how some pretty incredible things have been done! A bit more optimism might bode you well in life pctek! : )

kahawai chaser
21-04-2011, 08:36 PM
What about SEO and on site user ability and info architecture, for ranking and conversions? I assume you have at least read about it or researched it -

keywords (head and long tails), competition, url duplication and navigation, landing page optimization, customer surveys, conversion funnels, keyword/ visitor/source/query tracking, content optimization, PPC Adwords, authoritative and relevant diversified back link strategies, branding, social presence, a/b split or multivariate testing, etc. Then site audits to consider. These can be costly and/or very time consuming to implement to get to page 1, using white hat techniques. Then there could be a very long wait to see any ROI, little alone ranking in the serps. Research first, is what I do first...

wmoore
21-04-2011, 08:39 PM
It may be incredibly successful in other countries...But will it be in NZ ?
How are you going to make money from this. ?

robbyp
21-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Hi

Social networking has taken over the online mall concept, which never really worked in NZ. Unless you are actually selling a product that is in demand, or heavily discounted online retailing is difficult. The 'deal a day' websites are the current fad. You could look at Indian developers. I get spammed by them all the time, and they often say they will do work for free. However I doubt you will find any NZer, apart from students, who will work for free/shares, as they themselves would be taking a huge gamble.

Winston001
21-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Hi
I'm looking for a web developer in the Auckland area to build an online shopping mall....

Good on you Kathryn. Tell me: why wouldn't I just go to a shopping mall? I can try clothes on and get the right size, see accurate colours, browse, discover stuff I didn't know about, bump into people I know, have a coffee in a warm environment, even watch sports on TV.

In fact, I may never leave. :devil

Agent_24
22-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Build something that does what Pricespy does but better in that it doesn't use 50,000 lines of Javascript for each button and I'll promise I'll use it for all my online computer shopping.

Yes there are those other sites but they do not seem to catalog as much stuff and stores as Pricespy does.

george12
22-04-2011, 12:22 AM
I think you are all being too hard on Kathryn. We do not know nearly enough about the project to be making judgements on whether it has potential or not, nor is it what she asked for.

There may well be aspects of the project which we have not been told about which makes it more special than it sounds like.

Agent_24
22-04-2011, 12:35 AM
I wasn't, I was being dead serious.

george12
22-04-2011, 12:40 AM
I wasn't, I was being dead serious.

Sorry Agent, was not directing that at you at all!

Snorkbox
22-04-2011, 01:10 AM
But then george12. By using the word ALL by definition it would include Agent_24 would it not?

I'm also in agreement somewhat with kahwawai chaser in so far as those questions should be answered.

The Error Guy
22-04-2011, 02:54 AM
I would agree with the pricespy comment, it has faar to much java to be useful. Very cluttered

Agent_24
22-04-2011, 03:02 AM
I do like the way you can sort stuff by brand, price, etc... but I wish they had used a more efficient way of doing it.

george12
22-04-2011, 02:41 PM
But then george12. By using the word ALL by definition it would include Agent_24 would it not?

You have got me there. Appalling misuse of the word 'all'. Apologies to all that have been misincluded (new word?).

What I meant was most of you :p.

Snorkbox
22-04-2011, 02:46 PM
You have got me there. Appalling misuse of the word 'all'. Apologies to all that have been misincluded (new word?).

What I meant was most of you :p.

Sounds more fair! But being the pedantic sod that I admit to being I try to say what I mean and mean what I say. :devil

robbyp
22-04-2011, 04:36 PM
I think you are all being too hard on Kathryn. We do not know nearly enough about the project to be making judgements on whether it has potential or not, nor is it what she asked for.

There may well be aspects of the project which we have not been told about which makes it more special than it sounds like.

Perhaps not, but it was posted in a public forum, and people are entitled to their opinion, as this is a forum and not a place for posting free commercial adverts, which this is. If they weren't wanting peoples feedback, they should have posted an advert on trademe, in an online job website such as seek or in the paper, all which do cost.

Agent_24
22-04-2011, 07:07 PM
I wouldn't post my email and phone numbers on a public forum either.

Trev
22-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Somebody wants to do something with there lives and all the knockers start posting. She is after some positive help not all this negativity. Happens all the time on this forum.
:)