PDA

View Full Version : IE6

05-10-2001, 12:23 AM
been having probs. with IE6 sending error reports but no clue to what the error is then it shuts down running ME use Incredamail doesn't seem to be any conflicts with any thing else that I can see. Maybe I need to try another browser Opera I beleive is a good one will it conflict with DAP any help would be much appreciated

05-10-2001, 08:10 AM
uninstall and go back to IE5.5, i've heard nothing but bad reports about IE6. opera is pretty cool too. try it. you have always got system restore if you need it.

05-10-2001, 09:13 AM
Have you tried reinstalling it? Also when you downloaded it, did you use the install via the MS site, or did you download the whole package then install from your computer. I find the latter the best way to do it. I had problems installing via the MS site (where you select the parts you want and it downloads and installs at the same time), so I selected the option to download the package and install later, and it's worked fine, and absolutely NO problems since installed (which is far more than I can say for IE5.5 which is what I replaced!).

I'm also running ME, so I would say it's probably something went wrong in your install.

05-10-2001, 11:51 AM
The October NZ PC World magazine has IE and OE 6 on the cover disk - the full version, not Beta.

Maybe try that?

I have used it for 1 week now with NO crashes or hiccups at all and used to use 5.5.

07-10-2001, 01:21 PM
I have reinstalled it off the net again also off the PC World CD still no good went to add/remove a screen came up where I could repair IE6 message I got was <version 5.50.4522.1800 of file webcheck.dll exits version needs to be greater than 6.0.2600.0> I've tried to find the file to download but it doesn't seem to exsite at microsoft any ideas also why is it not on the CD or am I looking in the wrong places any help you can give me would be much appreciated. Cheers Darrel