PDA

View Full Version : Cybercam Digital Camera

04-10-2001, 11:00 PM
Currently advertised by a mass retailerat only $100 is a digital cameral with such specs as 640X480 image resolution, 24 bit colour, storage of 20 pictures 352 X 288 resolution, high speed continuous capture at 10 frames per second etc.
For a novice who doesn't require the best is this camera a steal at such an unbelievably low price or should it be avoided at all costs?

04-10-2001, 11:34 PM
What is the retailer's name? Where about is it? It's pretty cheap, but really depends on whose carring out the sale.

04-10-2001, 11:34 PM
What is the retailer's name? Where about is it? It's pretty cheap, but really depends on whose carring out the sale. And what brand is the camera?

05-10-2001, 12:44 AM
Wharehouse right? :-) (I saw the ad too)

The camera is most likely extremely poorly made, however, unless somebody can give you a good reason not to buy, try it, and if it doesn't suit your needs, take it back - the wharehouse is good like that.

My guess is that your picture quality will be about the same as a disposable film camera - adequate, but only in the right conditions and only half the time.

05-10-2001, 09:23 AM
All depends what you want to use it for. A 1 megapixel camera is the minimum required for decent 4 X 6 image printing. This camera (at 640 X 480) is a .3 megapixel camera. (I believe that max resolution is software enhanced? Not good if so) So if you intend printing pictures at a decent size this is not the camera for you. If you intend to view them on the screen or email then it MAY be the camera for you.

07-10-2001, 04:01 AM
I wouldn't buy one myself, but before we all get snobby, and all techn'd out, remember that some of the most famous photos every published were taken with el-cheapo cameras... For everyday use, and emailing holiday pics to friends it'll probably do the job.... and who knows - with the money saved, you could buy an extra camera and send to your overseas buddies, so they can email you their pics as well

07-10-2001, 04:01 AM
I wouldn't buy one myself, but before we all get snobby, and all techno'd out, remember that some of the most famous photos every published were taken with el-cheapo cameras... For everyday use, and emailing holiday pics to friends it'll probably do the job.... and who knows - with the money saved, you could buy an extra camera and send to your overseas buddies, so they can email you their pics as well