PDA

View Full Version : Elections

DeSade
14-04-2011, 01:51 PM
So for me National has broken too many promises and done too much I do not like to vote for them again.

But the other parties fill me with dread also.

Who are you voting for and why?

johcar
14-04-2011, 02:02 PM
I think any decision on who to vote for will have to be based on getting an understanding of who will do the least damage, rather than who you might think is the best option based on promises or history.

I don't trust any of the bastards.

EDIT: Maybe make a list of all party options, then cross off the ones you definitely don't want and then vote for whatever is left. I suspect that most people will have a page covered in crossings out, with nothing left that isn't crossed out...

qazwsxokmijn
14-04-2011, 02:03 PM
No one. They're all a bunch of self-serving, egotistical, delusional, brainless, idiotic prickly morons.

Chilling_Silence
14-04-2011, 02:05 PM
So for me National has broken too many promises and done too much I do not like to vote for them again.
What promises?

Snorkbox
14-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Have a look at some other threads here is my suggestion.

A few members are not old enough to vote.

Some members don't vote for reasons that escape me.

I personally don't care who people vote for but I would like all eligible people to actually get off their rear end and vote. Unfortunately we are faced with the MMP system which means the two major parties have to get into bed as it were to actually form a Government.

It's secret vote too BTW so I'm saying nothing just yet about who I will vote for.

National won the last election in my view purely and simply because quite a number of people wanted Helen Clarke removed. My guess is that National won't be in power after Nov 26th but I could be wrong.

In the last election I did not vote for National or Labour. Last time I voted for National was when Robbie Muldoon was around.

Snorkbox
14-04-2011, 02:15 PM
No one. They're all a bunch of self-serving, egotistical, delusional, brainless, idiotic prickly morons.

So you are eligible to vote but you are not going to then I guess?

DeSade
14-04-2011, 02:23 PM
What promises?

They misled us about the broadband rollout timeframe
They did not follow through sufficiently on the regulation of telcos
Few other little things.

The biggest for me was getting into bed with the Maori's after the Orewa speech, that was a huge betrayal in my eyes. I was hopeful that the gravy train was finally coming to a end.
Yes I know it was made by a different party leader but it was still a party speech.

I like John Key, but National has let us down.

pcuser42
14-04-2011, 02:26 PM
I think Labour, as I really don't want National back in.

The only problem is Phil Goof - sorry, Phil Goff...

Snorkbox
14-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Has anyone watched Yes Minister or Yes Prime Minister?

We do not get to remove civil servants who pass on advice to the elected Govt and we don't know what consultants suck on taxpayers money.

pcuser42
14-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Has anyone watched Yes Minister or Yes Prime Minister?

The 7 Days game, yes :D

Snorkbox
14-04-2011, 02:56 PM
For those that are apathetic:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Xvy1r4Pm8

prefect
14-04-2011, 02:57 PM
I will vote National

bk T
14-04-2011, 03:03 PM
I don't trust any of the bastards.

EDIT: Maybe make a list of all party options, then cross off the ones you definitely don't want and then vote for whatever is left. I suspect that most people will have a page covered in crossings out, with nothing left that isn't crossed out...

+ 1

That's why I did not caste vote in the last election!

wratterus
14-04-2011, 03:07 PM
IMO considering the cards national has been dealt they've done very well.

WalOne
14-04-2011, 03:13 PM

x2 :clap

Bobh
14-04-2011, 03:19 PM
I would like to see New Zealand First with at least one or two seats.

Chilling_Silence
14-04-2011, 03:20 PM

Agreed, largely thanks to the Labour Govt for that matter.

Won't be voting for Chris Carter in my electorate, not even sure if he's going to be around TBH.

Chilling_Silence
14-04-2011, 03:21 PM
I would like to see New Zealand First with at least one or two seats.

Provided ol' Winston is nowhere to be seen, then sure, why not?

Bozo
14-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Bah, hate them all except Gareth Hughes at the moment. One of the only ones who had the guts to stick it to them.

All of them are sods, death to them all - including all the National scum.

Completely agree with DeSade on this.

Voting Gareth Hughes (Green MP) this year, and hopefully that means I can sit at home, download whatever I want, smoke pot and run round naked.
Wait... I do that anyway.. nvm....

Agent_24
14-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Let's all vote for the Pirate Party NZ!

Cato
14-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Provided ol' Winston is nowhere to be seen, then sure, why not?

Winnie and Honnie can form a tag team and mop the floor with the smaller parties :)

Snorkbox
14-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Have you noted that some parties do not actually field a candidate in your electorate?

So you have two votes. A party vote and a candidate vote.

No candidate you can trust? Oh dear.

qazwsxokmijn
14-04-2011, 04:05 PM
So you are eligible to vote but you are not going to then I guess?
Yep.

Snorkbox
14-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Yep.

To not vote would possibly mean you can't complain about whoever gets in next time then.

I guess that does not worry you.

Agent_24
14-04-2011, 04:29 PM
What if you vote and don't win? Are you still allowed to complain?

Gobe1
14-04-2011, 04:31 PM
To not vote and say you cant complain is rubbish
one vote is not going to mean jack to any party, cripes 10,000 not voting will mean jack to National or Labour
I love how they try to put the guilts on people who wont vote because they have "their reasons"
It is a choice and if the choice is crap then by all means dont vote

What can you do about it?....bend over and take it up the tailpipe (except Libya and Egypt)

Agent_24
14-04-2011, 04:37 PM
*insert riot incitement here*

Bozo
14-04-2011, 04:45 PM
*insert riot incitement here*

*grabs pitchfork and torch and begins riot*

:devil

Snorkbox
14-04-2011, 04:47 PM
What if you vote and don't win? Are you still allowed to complain?

Why not? You can also complain if you did win if the party you voted for climbs into bed with another party that you did not vote for.

qazwsxokmijn
14-04-2011, 04:48 PM
To not vote would possibly mean you can't complain about whoever gets in next time then.

People complain all the time. I'll complain on the basis that there are no politicians who aren't self-serving, egotistical, idiotic prickly morons. It makes no difference who you vote for, they'll all screw you in one hole or another. So why vote? That's my reason.

Snorkbox
14-04-2011, 04:54 PM
one vote is not going to mean jack to any party, cripes 10,000 not voting will mean jack to National or Labour
I love how they try to put the guilts on people who wont vote because they have "their reasons"

What can you do about it?....bend over and take it up the tailpipe (except Libya and Egypt)

One vote does not count a lot but where did you get the 10,000 figure from?

You can go and vote and make it invalid but like some people maybe you are overcome by apathy.

The polls are open most of the day so that helps those who can't be bothered getting out of bed until about lunch time.

bk T
14-04-2011, 05:07 PM

It's a silent protest!

As none of the greedy people there deserve my vote.

ubergeek85
14-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Let's all vote for the Pirate Party NZ!

YES!!

But we still need to reach 500 members before we become a fully-fledged, registered political party, as it stands now we only have 50-odd members.

Joining only takes a quick form and $10.

www.pirateparty.org.nz/join/

[/shameless plug]

Netsukeninja
14-04-2011, 10:43 PM
For me its looking like I'll be voting Green in my first election.. I definitely support the Pirate Party, but the Greens cover more issues important to me ( ie. the state of our oceans).

To those that aren't voting this year: I really think you should, but ultimately its your call, but PLEASE vote on the referendum on MMP. Just tick all the boxes or draw a big penis on your party vote form, but do the MMP referendum.

DeSade
14-04-2011, 10:46 PM
A political party needs more than one platform.

Agent_24
14-04-2011, 11:03 PM
YES!!

But we still need to reach 500 members before we become a fully-fledged, registered political party, as it stands now we only have 50-odd members.

Very tempted...

Also, what's with the $15,000 fine - even if you downloaded 1 MP3 that would be worth only $1 if you bought it on iTunes....

In my opinion they should fine you the RRP of the pirated material in question.

plod
14-04-2011, 11:04 PM

People voting meant the world to ACT getting in.

Metla
14-04-2011, 11:38 PM

Can I complain if the ******** I vote for gets elected?

Seriously, who the hell are you to lay down the criteria that allows people to speak their mind?

I suggest a vote of no ****ing confidence, and I suggest that vote takes the shape of some big mother ****in explosions.

In the mean time I'll elect to not support any of the scum, And I'll speak whats on my mind, I will present my views, and I will lay waste to any scum that thinks they can define my right to speak or to hold my views.

And that is what should worry our politicians.It should be a real deal, They should be accountable to those that are taxed for all this crap and have to suffer the repercussions of their decisions.

**** the vote.

When all the options that the system presents are crap, Then its time to destroy the system.

ubergeek85
14-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Well said

Snorkbox
15-04-2011, 12:05 AM

Seriously, who the hell are you to lay down the criteria that allows people to speak their mind?

I suggest a vote of no ****ing confidence, and I suggest that vote takes the shape of some big mother ****in explosions.

In the mean time I'll elect to not support any of the scum, And I'll speak whats on my mind, I will present my views, and I will lay waste to any scum that thinks they can define my right to speak or to hold my views.

And that is what should worry our politicians.It should be a real deal, They should be accountable to those that are taxed for all this crap and have to suffer the repercussions of their decisions.

**** the vote.

When all the options that the system presents are crap, Then its time to destroy the system.

Metla.

I will speak my mind too. I will do that by voting. You can get off your tail end and cast an invalid vote if you want to.

How are you going to present your views other than posting in forums?

Metla
15-04-2011, 12:08 AM
By not voting.

And taking my taxable income to Aussie.

wmoore
15-04-2011, 12:39 AM
The best idea is to start your own party.

Snorkbox
15-04-2011, 12:40 AM
By not voting.

And taking my taxable income to Aussie.

Sounds OK to me.

Chilling_Silence
15-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Metla for PM! :D

B.M.
15-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Voting at a General Election in NZ is akin to voting for which type of Cancer you’d prefer to die from.

Hence my reluctance to go anywhere near a Polling Booth. ;)

Lurking
15-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Damien O'Connor's quote hit the nail on the head.

Let's get rid of MMP and bring back FPP, this should give the voters' more power.

Yes I know, 10% of our population are homosexual, so let them and the trade unionists run for parliament under their own individual volition and not gang up as in the present Labour party.

Vote for ! we had better start thinking on that one.

Lurking.

Gobe1
15-04-2011, 04:54 PM
FPP FTW

DeSade
15-04-2011, 05:04 PM
There has to be a better option, MMP sucks ass but so does FPP.

Lurking
15-04-2011, 06:03 PM
FPP FTW

Never played sport to lose, so why should pollys' get in on a list.

Anyway there are far too many of the b u g g e r s", so we should also hack that back to under 100.

Lurking.

B.M.
15-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Damien O'Connor's quote hit the nail on the head.

Let's get rid of MMP and bring back FPP, this should give the voters' more power.

Yes I know, 10% of our population are homosexual, so let them and the trade unionists run for parliament under their own individual volition and not gang up as in the present Labour party.

Vote for ! we had better start thinking on that one.

Lurking.

The problem is, FPP was voted out because it didn’t work.

MMP has now been found not to work either.

So do you think the problem might lie with the “Quality of Candidate” and no system will work?

At the moment the country is screwed by Shirt Tail Lifters, Red Neck Unionists, Tree Huggers, Professional Protesters, Racist Maoris and a Prime Minister that supports all of them and especially likes Pita Sharples. ;)

The problem is clear, but unfortunately the answer isn’t, unless we can find a modern day Guy Fawkes that has a little more luck this time. :thumbs:

qazwsxokmijn
15-04-2011, 07:13 PM
No system will ever work. It all boils down to humans' two inherent traits: selfishness and greed. With those two things driving people, you'll never find a system that 'works'.

B.M.
15-04-2011, 07:56 PM
No system will ever work. It all boils down to humans' two inherent traits: selfishness and greed. With those two things driving people, you'll never find a system that 'works'.

Exactly. :thumbs:

Netsukeninja
15-04-2011, 09:26 PM
God.. don't bring back FPP.

Lurking
16-04-2011, 11:20 AM
God.. don't bring back FPP.

Quote:

"He will be first and rule with a rod of steel"

Isn't that on the United Nations forecourt somewhere ?.

Lurking.

george12
16-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Voting at a General Election in NZ is akin to voting for which type of Cancer you’d prefer to die from.

Hence my reluctance to go anywhere near a Polling Booth. ;)

PF1 needs a Like button.

Bobh
16-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Looks like Winson Peters (http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/4895512/Peters-launches-his-comeback-with-punchlines) will attempt a comeback.

Snorkbox
16-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Looks like Winson Peters (http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/4895512/Peters-launches-his-comeback-with-punchlines) will attempt a comeback.

And so he should. It's been on the cards for some time anyway.

The Error Guy
16-04-2011, 01:34 PM
"The Party that rocked" A new pirate Govt is floating around on an iceberg off the southern coast of NZ making whitebait fritters and good decisions.

in other news, Jim (the PM of the future) locked himself out of the beehive and had to climb in through a window. Well done Jim, your country salutes you.

Could happen i guess :p

KenESmith
16-04-2011, 05:24 PM
There is only one genuinely fair system, "The Single Transferable Vote" where the voters preferences are used to determine who was successful - This is a system of prefential voting, different to Australia, where the voter elects his preference, as opposed to what happens here in Australia where the parties can trade preferences and attempt to influence voter behaviour at the polling station - STV works oK for Ireland.

The MMP has only given NZ one thing - weak government.

mikebartnz
16-04-2011, 09:19 PM
The MMP has only given NZ one thing - weak government.
Are you sure it is not because we haven't had a decent leader. I originally thought JK was going to be quite good but camera key has just turned out to be a fiddler.

Snorkbox
16-04-2011, 09:23 PM
He had an other photo op today. Can't even get in or out of a car without diffficulty apparently in Hamilton.

B.M.
17-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Are you sure it is not because we haven't had a decent leader. I originally thought JK was going to be quite good but camera key has just turned out to be a fiddler.

I agree.

Key is the biggest political disappointment of my lifetime.

In fact, if I were marking his performance I couldn’t find one box I could put a tick in. :groan:

Maybe someone can help me out there?

qazwsxokmijn
17-04-2011, 09:16 AM
I agree.

Key is the biggest political disappointment of my lifetime.

In fact, if I were marking his performance I couldn’t find one box I could put a tick in. :groan:

Maybe someone can help me out there?
[BOX] John Key is a piece of shite

Twelvevolts
17-04-2011, 09:51 AM
National - the assembled alternatives of the Green Party, NZ First, Labour, Maori Party, ACT and United are all a bit kooky in one way or another. I couldn't even tell you who the leader is of some of those parties.

Plus all the other parties will probably put tax up.

Shame we'll lose Metla but hey but our loss will be Australia's gain, lucky them.

bk T
17-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Leave those smaller parties aside, there is very little (or no) differences between National and Labour. Problem is, I can't see any of the politicians has leadership quality in them.

Metla
17-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Shame we'll lose Metla but hey but our loss will be Australia's gain, lucky them.

All of NZ should be ashamed of a system that gives reason for a yearly mass exodus of people with a work ethic to another country.

mikebartnz
17-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Leave those smaller parties aside, there is very little (or no) differences between National and Labour.
There are some quite major differences between Labour and National but it isn't as clear cut as pre 84.

mikebartnz
17-04-2011, 12:27 PM
I thought electioneering was allowed until a month before the election but the other day along the Petone foreshore Labour have been, with signs stating "Stop asset sales vote Labour" which I find a complete joke as it was the Labour party that started the ball rolling on that one.

Cicero
17-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Metla for PM! :D

Power has a habit of turning people into scum,would our Met succumb?

Digby
19-04-2011, 11:08 AM
No politicians are perfect.
But for me its got to be National again.

I could not stand the thought of a gaggle of left wing, do gooders, who don't know how to build a country.

National have kept most of their promises, (things do change) and they have had a hard time - Gobal Financial crisis - still here, Christchurch, Pike River, South Canterbury.

I just wish National would get tougher on bludgers and criminals.

Digby
19-04-2011, 11:12 AM
STV sounds good to me.

(It got shot down in the last referendum because it sounded like some sexual disease)

But people always quote Ireland or Australia.
But what system do the other 100 democracies use ?
(OK I know that Germany is the only other one that uses MMP)

But this is really the subject for a new thread.

Chilling_Silence
19-04-2011, 12:38 PM
I must admit I'm leaning towards Digby's sentiments here.

I also read the article on the Herald yesterday about Tau Henare being the "National Minister of Twitter". Started to follow him, the guys a freakin legend! Speaks his mind, refreshingly honest, all good by me :)

Metla
19-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Power has a habit of turning people into scum,would our Met succumb?

Immediately.

In fact I'd campaign on that very promise.

KenESmith
19-04-2011, 01:20 PM
The Irish STV system is superior to Australia's Preferential voting system.
Namely, the Australian System allows parties to trade preferences, and also elections in Australia feature political parties at the polling stations handing out papers telling voters how to vote.

The Irish system relies on the voter stating his/her preferences, and these not being tradable by the parties -

Since all political parties are venal organisations ruled by self interest, anything that kills safe seats and empowers the voter has got to be good.

The major safeguard needed is to have a system sufficiently flexable to minimise invalid votes:
ie it should be necessary to vote for a minimum of 1 candidate, and to rank in order as many or as few of the candidates as listed as the voter wishes .
1 candidate only a virtual FPP.
2 or more candidates in order of preference.

SolMiester
19-04-2011, 01:57 PM
They misled us about the broadband rollout timeframe
They did not follow through sufficiently on the regulation of telcos
Few other little things.

The biggest for me was getting into bed with the Maori's after the Orewa speech, that was a huge betrayal in my eyes. I was hopeful that the gravy train was finally coming to a end.
Yes I know it was made by a different party leader but it was still a party speech.

I like John Key, but National has let us down.

LMAO, on come on dude!..out of all the problems that NZ are facing, the top of your list is ''Broadband rollout timetable''....

Anyway, I have to admit, Im pissed with the smacking law, seabed & foreshore & ETS SCAM, however National did inherit some of that!...

I dont think its fair to kick Nats out after only 3 yrs either, especially considering they have had it harder than Labour who had 9 yrs, during a global boom period!

There have also IMHO been some rather naff policy decisions based purely it seems in my mind, on knee jerk reactions of a few, a bit like Labour...

The Cell phone in the car being the top of my list...

I will be voting Nats again...3 yrs is not enough to get results from any changes made in that period IMO, and certainly Labour is not a viable choice....

SolMiester
19-04-2011, 01:59 PM
People complain all the time. I'll complain on the basis that there are no politicians who aren't self-serving, egotistical, idiotic prickly morons. It makes no difference who you vote for, they'll all screw you in one hole or another. So why vote? That's my reason.

That sounds like the average man!

SolMiester
19-04-2011, 02:02 PM

**** the vote.

Oh, ***, get off your sandbox....you have the right to speak your views and that is given by your vote, if you dont vote ****!

mOOseCaNNoN
19-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Ahh the illusion of choice...

If I vote I'll be Voting Legalize Cannabis Party.

We can heal the world with this plant and its natural fibres and resin :2cents:

B.M.
19-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Anyway, I have to admit, Im pissed with the smacking law, seabed & foreshore & ETS SCAM, however National did inherit some of that!...

Not to mention bumping GST up to a whopping 15% across the board when Aus only runs 10% with none at all on unprocessed food. ;)

But the No Smacking Referendum was a killer for me, not because of the actual law, but because Key totally ignored the fact that 87.4% of a total 1,684,402 votes were to scrap the law, but Key claimed it wasn’t a “Binding Referendum” and ignored it so as to climb into bed with the Greens. :rolleyes:

The Christchurch earthquakes and Pike River disaster will no doubt be used as a convenient excuse for his poor performance, but realistically they have had no influence on the No Smacking Law, GST hike, ETS introduction, Foreshore and Seabed give away, and all the Maori Deals to numerous to mention.

Frankly, if I was made to vote, I would have to vote for Winston, on the basis he would probably do less damage than any of the others. :groan:

SolMiester
19-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Not to mention bumping GST up to a whopping 15% across the board when Aus only runs 10% with none at all on unprocessed food. ;)

But the No Smacking Referendum was a killer for me, not because of the actual law, but because Key totally ignored the fact that 87.4% of a total 1,684,402 votes were to scrap the law, but Key claimed it wasn’t a “Binding Referendum” and ignored it so as to climb into bed with the Greens. :rolleyes:

The Christchurch earthquakes and Pike River disaster will no doubt be used as a convenient excuse for his poor performance, but realistically they have had no influence on the No Smacking Law, GST hike, ETS introduction, Foreshore and Seabed give away, and all the Maori Deals to numerous to mention.

Frankly, if I was made to vote, I would have to vote for Winston, on the basis he would probably do less damage than any of the others. :groan:

OMG BM, you would vote for Winston?..He is IMO the most untrustworthy of all the politicians.....put together!

Gobe1
19-04-2011, 03:30 PM
+1 the No Smacking Law, GST hike, ETS introduction, Foreshore and Seabed give away, and all the Maori Deals to numerous to mention.

Still no one better to vote for except a "no vote" but unless that is somehow used as a form of protest by millions then as said earlier a no vote is a waste of time, a drop in the bucket and it is a very big bucket

What the hell is up with Goff he is screwed and nobody will take on labour now as they know they wont win this time

Chilling_Silence
19-04-2011, 04:07 PM
I agree that WP is definitely the scummiest of them all (Even more-so than Hone?), but B.M. & Gobe1 are right I reckon, in that Key *could* have shown more spine. So many laws seem to be being passed because of one or two noisey people as a way of "shutting them up", Copyright Amendment Bill comes to mind as well. Why don't they actually sit down and and "nut it out" (For significantly longer than they currently are) before making it law?

Digby
19-04-2011, 04:18 PM
I'd also like to see governments have a four year term.

Three years is just too short for any party to get its policies in place and for them to start having an effect (whether you like the policies or not)

And I don't but the argument that we need to be able to kick them out if they stuff up.

They need more than three budgets.
Eg the US, the UK and Australia all have 4 years.

Digby
19-04-2011, 04:19 PM
And as for Winston,
1 He can't be trusted
2 He never answers questions
3 He likes spending money, all of his policies are spend spend spend (our money)

Snorkbox
19-04-2011, 04:44 PM
There again Digby the Nat Government also does 1 2 and 3 and also wants to borrow $300 Mil a week and also sell assets.

I also think it strange that the NZF Party got over 4% of the party vote last election and the Maori Party got just over 2% and we have no NZF MPs do we?

Figures here:-
http://www.elections.org.nz/study/news/2008-media-releases/2008-election-official-results.html

B.M.
19-04-2011, 05:03 PM
And as for Winston,
1 He can't be trusted
2 He never answers questions
3 He likes spending money, all of his policies are spend spend spend (our money)

Yes but the problem Digby is that none of them can be trusted. Not one. :groan:

However, I have the answer.

In true Anzac spirit, we could beg Australia to have us as a State of Australia. :thumbs: After all we were once run from New South Wales. ;)

In no time at all we’d be pumping our own oil, selling minerals and coal and be rich overnight. :thumbs: And that’s just for starters.

We could also all sing “Advance Australia Fair”, in English too. ;)

Chilling_Silence
19-04-2011, 06:20 PM
It's "Australasia" ....

R2x1
19-04-2011, 07:29 PM
I'd also like to see governments have a four year term . . .
. . . Eg the US, the UK and Australia all have 4 years.

That does it, I'm convinced. Give the sods a two year term, and make them bring their own biscuits too.
Retirement should be mandatory (by firing squad) on the first Monday following the 2nd anniversary of their maiden speech. A public flogging should be enough for the first anniversary.
It would brighten up some Mondays, a day which many people find a bit lacking in good cheer.

QW.
19-04-2011, 09:35 PM
I will vote Winston Peters.

mikebartnz
19-04-2011, 10:21 PM
I also read the article on the Herald yesterday about Tau Henare being the "National Minister of Twitter". Started to follow him, the guys a freakin legend! Speaks his mind, refreshingly honest, all good by me :)
But can he be trusted as he was with NZFirst until he jumped ship into Jenny Shipley's lap.

B.M.
20-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Nothing like leading by example, but another photo opportunity none the less.

Here (http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/4905759/Mad-traffic-sends-Key-to-the-sky) :groan:

Gobe1
20-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Storm in a tea cup IMO
The airforce get paid whether they are flying or not dont they
Give them something to do

Safari
20-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Nothing like leading by example, but another photo opportunity none the less.

Here (http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/4905759/Mad-traffic-sends-Key-to-the-sky) :groan:

What a ridiculous post. The PM has to get to appointments on time and is just typical of the rants from Labour to try and get some attention in reaction to the recent polls that showed how unpopular they are.

prefect
20-04-2011, 11:42 AM
They burn tons of kerosene flying around doing training all day every day.
At least carrying the PM is a task.
Typical commie response from Fil Goof if he thought people would be enraged and now vote for the commie labor party he has another thing coming.

mOOseCaNNoN
20-04-2011, 01:55 PM
politics is just like pro wrestling, it's all for show..

The gov is no longer there to serve the people, they try to make themselves appear they have the peoples best interests at heart, but they're only serving their own interests and the interests of the corporations that got them elected in the first place.

If politicians were there with the best interests of the planet we live on and the people that live on it, we wouldn't be borrowing money at interest from privately owned international banks that inevitably cause economic collapse of every country they lend money to, it's one big privately run scam and it's happening all over the world, do some research on the subject you'll be surprised what you find, here's a link to get you started: http://www.sosnews.org/library/banks/making.htm

When I first discovered how the global financial system really worked I was pissed off to say the least, I didn't want to believe it, but I guess your belief system has to be flexible so that when new information is acquired your belief system can adapt to this new knowledge but... ignorance is bliss right!? :D

bugger aye :thumbs:

B.M.
20-04-2011, 02:19 PM
What a ridiculous post. The PM has to get to appointments on time and is just typical of the rants from Labour to try and get some attention in reaction to the recent polls that showed how unpopular they are.

Hmmm, I don’t think using an Iroquois to get to PR stunts and photo opportunities is exactly smart, given the state of the economy.

Let’s face it, his contribution to the success or otherwise of the event was zilch.

But maybe we’re looking at further lack of planning ability with clashing photo opportunities. :rolleyes:

And at least he could have parachuted in. :D

mikebartnz
20-04-2011, 07:36 PM
While I agree that the air force needs to keep up training but is this really any different from HC's desperate dash to get to a rugby game. He could have given the V8 races a miss.

paulw
20-04-2011, 08:14 PM
While I agree that the air force needs to keep up training but is this really any different from HC's desperate dash to get to a rugby game. He could have given the V8 races a miss.

Agreed or left earlier to go to the dinner at some poncy golf club in Auckland that changed it's name to "The Royal Auckland Golf Club" I think it used to be called The Grange. Talk about snobbery..

zqwerty
20-04-2011, 08:19 PM
"The gov is no longer there to serve the people, they try to make themselves appear they have the peoples best interests at heart, but they're only serving their own interests and the interests of the corporations that got them elected in the first place."

Too, too true.

CliveM
20-04-2011, 08:22 PM

At the very least he is honest and up front about using the helicopter unlike HC who claimed not to know her convoy was speeding and tried to hang out her drivers to take the blame. He does not sign paintings he has not done either.

The guy is our PM do you expect him to hitch hike.

B.M.
20-04-2011, 09:08 PM
At the very least he is honest and up front about using the helicopter unlike HC who claimed not to know her convoy was speeding and tried to hang out her drivers to take the blame. He does not sign paintings he has not done either.

The guy was wasting your money and mine on photo opportunities nothing else.

Neither function would not have proceeded had he not turned up and the whole exercise was all about him.

His biggest problem is he doesn’t have any opposition, so he can fiddle whilst Rome burns.

Next thing I guess he’ll be doing the Tower Insurance advertisement on TV. :rolleyes:

R2x1
20-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Hitch hike? No way, he would have all the coins out of the sides of the upholstery of any car he sat in and would be trying to swap the orphans of Marlborough for the "pretty mirror".
He reckons he will get NZers on their feet; he may well achieve that. He can just get on his bike and hurtle down the national-saviour/cycleways to line up for his knighthood.

Chilling_Silence
20-04-2011, 09:18 PM
His biggest problem is he doesn’t have any opposition, so he can fiddle whilst Rome burns.

Perhaps that's because of all the politicians, he's the most decent of the lot? If any other politician was even half as good as him, perhaps they'd stand a chance in the polls? Instead, you have the likes of Phil Goff, where apparently 7% of the country at the moment would choose him to lead New Zealand.

I'm with prefect on this, the fuel was bound to be used regardless, might as well be put to semi-decent use IMO!

mikebartnz
20-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Go and read the post you replied to.

B.M.
21-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Perhaps that's because of all the politicians, he's the most decent of the lot? If any other politician was even half as good as him, perhaps they'd stand a chance in the polls? Instead, you have the likes of Phil Goff, where apparently 7% of the country at the moment would choose him to lead New Zealand.

I'm with prefect on this, the fuel was bound to be used regardless, might as well be put to semi-decent use IMO!

Don’t get me wrong Chill, I don’t think for a moment that replacing him with Phil Goof is the answer. In fact, I don’t think there is an answer, but maybe a vote for Winston would put the cat among the pigeons and have them all lift their game?

Clasping at straws I know. :groan:

As for the fuel used, I agree it would have been used anyway, but on a straight out promotion and photo opportunity for Key is pushing the envelope a bit. Next thing they’ll be flying him to the beach for a swim.

God knows what the actual cost was, but I’m sure it could have been better spent, even if it was patrolling our coastline and waters. ;)

CliveM
21-04-2011, 08:39 AM
It is rather easy to pick how most of you will be voting come election time (including me). I will wait until the election and then be satisfied to put up with whomever is voted in to run the country for the next period. I think that is democracy.

It is always very easy to pick fault when in opposition to anything it is a lot harder to actually come up with practical ideas to improve anything.

Chilling_Silence
21-04-2011, 09:30 AM
It is always very easy to pick fault when in opposition to anything it is a lot harder to actually come up with practical ideas to improve anything.

Too true!

Unfortunately Goff seems stuck in that mindset. Bag the way things currently are, but don't offer anything constructive to improve on it. :ban

Metla
21-04-2011, 11:23 AM
***, surely we can afford to give the man a ride in a helicopter.

Pretty damn sure it would have cost less then a plastic waka, a hip-hop fact finding tour, or the trillions given to criminals in the name of benefits.

gary67
21-04-2011, 12:56 PM
I think we should ditch all politicians and Invite King William and Queen Kate to sort out the mess the politicians have given us

Erayd
21-04-2011, 01:09 PM
God knows what the actual cost was, but I’m sure it could have been better spent, even if it was patrolling our coastline and waters. ;)My understanding is that it was a scheduled training flight - the costs would have been identical regardless of whether the PM was in the chopper or not. As he had somewhere to be, the air force tweaked the training schedule to match. No additional costs were incurred.

Cicero
21-04-2011, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=Metla;1011072Pretty damn sure it would have cost less then a plastic waka, a hip-hop fact finding tour, or the trillions given to criminals in the name of benefits.[/QUOTE]

Wish you hadn't reminded me, all depressed now.

Chilling_Silence
21-04-2011, 02:53 PM
My understanding is that it was a scheduled training flight - the costs would have been identical regardless of whether the PM was in the chopper or not. As he had somewhere to be, the air force tweaked the training schedule to match. No additional costs were incurred.

Yes. Methinks somebody in the labour party needs a reality check! (See attached)

Last time I went to Hamilton and back, it cost a %@#$ load more than $34! Most economical BMW *ever*!!

Actual cost of this trip via chopper: $0
Proposed cost of the trip via BMW: $180

bk T
21-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Since Labour is in a mess right now and don't foresee any improvement in the near future, our multi-millionaire PM will still be in power for at least another term. The people of NZ has no choice but to bear with it until a better leader is emerged. Unfortunately, there is no signs of any, so far. Sad for New Zealand.

Can we see our future? ............

B.M.
21-04-2011, 02:58 PM
My understanding is that it was a scheduled training flight - the costs would have been identical regardless of whether the PM was in the chopper or not. As he had somewhere to be, the air force tweaked the training schedule to match. No additional costs were incurred.

Love the “Spin”, better organise the Air Force to take him to the beach for Easter where he can model some "Budgie Smugglers". :lol:

And I wonder how many Heads of State get to go on training flights? :eek:

Ahhh yes Mr President, a new chum will be flying you in “Air Force 1” today. :lol:

Only in NZ. :D

Lurking
21-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Isn't the PM the Commander in Chief !

Should have heard the "dorks" on Radio Live last night !.

Wonder where all the "reds" were last election, had had enough of the then PM and her fast car trip to catch a flight from ChCh.

Lurking.

Gobe1
21-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Yes. Methinks somebody in the labour party needs a reality check! (See attached)

Last time I went to Hamilton and back, it cost a %@#$ load more than $34! Most economical BMW *ever*!!

Actual cost of this trip via chopper: $0
Proposed cost of the trip via BMW: priceless

Fixed that for you :punk

prefect
21-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Isn't the PM the Commander in Chief !

Should have heard the "dorks" on Radio Live last night !.

Wonder where all the "reds" were last election, had had enough of the then PM and her fast car trip to catch a flight from ChCh.

Lurking.

Speeding is breaking the law of the land. Using a Huey for official business isnt.
Our PM must be one of the few PMs/Prezs that does not have aspecial helicopter and a light aircraft flight.
Shows how small minded the commies have become when we begrudge our leader helicopter travel.
The UH1s get allocated a certain amount of flying hours per year so a one hour training mission later may have got scrubbed whoopee snot.

qazwsxokmijn
21-04-2011, 04:37 PM
The gov is no longer there to serve the people, they try to make themselves appear they have the peoples best interests at heart, but they're only serving their own interests and the interests of the corporations that got them elected in the first place.
I don't know what you mean by 'no longer' - any leadership are always for themselves. They and the private corporations they deal with, with our money, are all dirty, selfish, greedy scumbags. John Key, Phil Goff, etc, etc.....all scumbags. Some scumbags can be entertaining however. :D

prefect
21-04-2011, 04:41 PM
You are calling our Prime Minister a scumbag?
Very ungrateful

Chilling_Silence
21-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Since Labour is in a mess right now and don't foresee any improvement in the near future, our multi-millionaire PM will still be in power for at least another term. The people of NZ has no choice but to bear with it until a better leader is emerged. Unfortunately, there is no signs of any, so far. Sad for New Zealand.

Can we see our future? ............

One where the PM donates his salary to charity? The future where the leaders of our country set a good example on giving to those less fortunate than yourself?

Sounds like a pretty damn good future to me!

gary67
21-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Hands up who has ever had dealings with a committee of any sort, kids sports, charities anything will do.

Well you know what they are like continual squabbling and infighting. Parliament is no different our governments are just committees. Dictatorship is the way to go and I volunteer to be the first dictator

Lurking
21-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Speeding is breaking the law of the land. Using a Huey for official business isnt.

The UH1s get allocated a certain amount of flying hours per year so a one hour training mission later may have got scrubbed whoopee snot.

1) prefect, the intention was that Helen Clark had had 3 terms, so meaning that her supporters' had had enough as well.

One would presume any PM would be entitled to travel at speed , if there was a Police escort faster enough to lead from the front, lol.

2) You are correct on this one and that's what the pilot would have been learning , pick-up and drop-off practice, the PM has great faith in our Air Force.

Lurking.

Snorkbox
21-04-2011, 10:02 PM
I think that come November it's still going to be a bit of a close call. The Maori party looks like splitting. ACT is more or less useless. Winston's put his hand up and there are many other things to think about.

I don't think National won the last election but more that Labour lost it. Everyone wanted Helen out.

mikebartnz
21-04-2011, 10:31 PM
the PM has great faith in our Air Force.
Which is a lot more than can be said for HC.

mikebartnz
21-04-2011, 10:33 PM
I don't think National won the last election but more that Labour lost it. Everyone wanted Helen out.
You are right in what you say there but the polls appear to partially disprove that.

Cato
21-04-2011, 10:42 PM
One would presume any PM would be entitled to travel at speed , if there was a Police escort faster enough to lead from the front, lol.

Right...
So what if a kid stepped out in front of her motorcade?
It's cool, it's Aunty Helen. Anyone crushed will automatically heal and be in better shape then before being hit?

You are right in what you say there but the polls appear to partially disprove that.

If Winston Peters got into Parliament it would have been a Labour Government.