PDA

View Full Version : Sandisk's Useless Driver page

The Error Guy
13-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Attempted to download drivers for Win7 from sandisks Driver page, I selected USB flash and since they didn't have an option for Windows 7 I decided to try the vista version.

Upon reaching the D/L page I downloaded the file to find out I had been given a driver package for win98. I returned to the D/L page only to get the same outdated package.

Anyway, I looked at the download page and realised that the OS version was N/A and the release date was sometime in January 1900... wow sandisk have been around for a while.

In fact I get the same file now matter WHAT OS I use :p The installer informs me that It will "install drivers on my 98" after extracting it tells me I don't need drivers for XP or 2000.

It seems sandisk need to release an update for the new decade.... or even the new century (1900 was a wee while ago) :D

attached is a pic of the D/L page and a link (www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/driver-download-wizard) if you want to waste your time trying to get a different version :p

gary67
13-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Your right I tried looking for a Vista driver for a Cruzer flash drive and it also came up with a Win 98 one and said no newer available

Erayd
13-04-2011, 07:34 PM
That would be because Windows comes out-of-the box with a USB mass storage driver since Win2k / WinME. There's simply nothing that needs downloading; what you need is already preinstalled on your system.

Agent_24
13-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Yeah I fail to see why you need drivers for a USB drive for any modern OS.

(well, OK, you NEED drivers, but the OS already has them)