PDA

View Full Version : LG GT540 MAC Address

aidanmaz
13-04-2011, 01:11 PM
I have an Android LG GT540, and am trying to get the application Heywire to work, I've been in threads with the official developers and they say i have to spoof my mac address, which appears to be stopping this particular app. I cant seem to find any decent guide online to spoof it, and i don't particularly want to break my nice phone, does anyone know how to spoof my mac Addy?

Erayd
13-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Assuming that this (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mediafriends.chime) is the app in question, it should not require spoofing your mac address for any reason.

Do you have a link to the thread where this was recommended? Note that you can't spoof the mac on a non-rooted phone anyway...

What happens when you try to use the app?

aidanmaz
13-04-2011, 01:46 PM
here is the post i was reading in regards to my question on the app helpsite:

Kyle Montag, Official Rep, replied 9 hours ago
Guys,
After all this time I think I might have an idea about what is going on. We have been working really hard to figure out some of the issues with our Android app, we believe that this has to do with the WiFi MAC Address that your phone is generating. Some of the ROMs that are released with Android phones don't generate a unique MAC Address. They tend to be something like 00:01:02:03:04 or 00:11:22:33:44 or something similar. However this causes issues with HeyWire's registration.
What you can do is spoof your MAC Address, but this is something that we don't want to put a guide for on our site at this time. However if you were to google "spoofing android mac address" you will find a few helpful guides!
Let me know if you have any luck!
Kyle

and here is a link to the thread http://help.heywire.com/helptopics/topics/lg_not_registering_or_loading

aidanmaz
13-04-2011, 03:31 PM
the app freezes at the splash screen, then crashes, reporting it cannot register the device (initial setup of heywire) due to weak reception, try again later, this happens on WIFI and 3G so im a lil lost at why. Every other app works perfect, Skype everything.

Erayd
13-04-2011, 04:45 PM
To be honest, based on the above, it looks more like there is a bad bug in their app that they either don't know how, don't want or can't be bothered to fix.

I notice you've also mentioned that your device does in fact have a valid mac address - which means this obviously won't be triggering the issue.

Have you ever had Heywire working on this phone before? If so, do you have a backup of an older version of the app?

aidanmaz
13-04-2011, 05:04 PM
no, its never worked, in any of the versions. i originally had it on Iphone, then i got rid of my Iphone, so i put it on my ipod where its happy to be, now i have an android, and dont want to be tethered to WIFI,