PDA

View Full Version : **** Banks

pctek
04-04-2011, 10:58 AM
We deposited a fairly large amount on Friday night through the ATM, again another amount on Saturday and another small amount this morning. Not one of them show in our account and I'm waiting on being able to pay bills.

In Gore when we used the ATM, it would show immediately, so it is possible for that to happen. West Auckland branches however, choose to have a 24hr (business day) turnaround. never mind the ATM would have been manually emptied this morning, the so busy staff haven't processed it.

That is ASBs choice in this age of digital transactions to do this. They said I can have an overdraft if I don't like it. hah. They get interest on our money meanwhile and I should live with it or pay them overdraft fees.

<rant><whinge>

Cicero
04-04-2011, 11:09 AM
That is called the joy of living on the edge!:crying

WalOne
04-04-2011, 11:13 AM
AKA undercapitalised. :2cents:.

SP8's
04-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Time to change banks ??

inphinity
04-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Weird, when I make deposits at ASB ATMs (into my ASB account), it shows up within a few hours.

Cicero
04-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Weird, when I make deposits at ASB ATMs (into my ASB account), it shows up within a few hours.

Try changing your name to PCTech and see what happens?

pctek
04-04-2011, 12:03 PM

Which ATM. because that's what determines it, West has the primitive must empty and process by hand rubbish. Gore had the modern one.

Still, we know that, but it annoys me they won't enter it until tomorrow morning.

qazwsxokmijn
04-04-2011, 12:13 PM
It takes up to three working days with ASB for me. And always it appears after three days. Morons indeed.

CYaBro
04-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Do people still deposit money via ATMs?

mikebartnz
04-04-2011, 02:16 PM
I have always considered ATM's as dodgy as to when the credit would appear. If in a hurry the teller is the only way but that doesn't work if it is a cheque.

pcuser42
04-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Do people still deposit money via ATMs?

You can deposit money via ATMs? :stare:

bob_doe_nz
04-04-2011, 02:27 PM
You can deposit money via ATMs? :stare:

Yes, machine spits out an envelope that you put the money (cash, cheques) in and the machine has a slot for it.

PCTek: Does your local bank branch have a Fast Deposit slot?

You grab a bag, pop the money in, label it with details and put it into the security tray.

pctek
04-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Yes, machine spits out an envelope that you put the money (cash, cheques) in and the machine has a slot for it.

PCTek: Does your local bank branch have a Fast Deposit slot?

No. As I said, they're backwward. He could do that in the mall branch. But it still doesn't mean instant. Some ATMs - the more modern ones - are setup different and do it instantly.

But my point was they won't process it till tomorrow. Even ASB admitted the individual branches can, when they empty it in the morning, but "they have other things to do and will process it later".

PCUSER42 - why would you wait around and do it over the counter? We are as close to 100% digital as we can get - the odd customer though pays with oldfashioned money though and we have to go to an ATM then.

pcuser42
04-04-2011, 06:00 PM
PCUSER42 - why would you wait around and do it over the counter? We are as close to 100% digital as we can get - the odd customer though pays with oldfashioned money though and we have to go to an ATM then.

My ATM is called Mum :p

lakewoodlady
04-04-2011, 07:39 PM
My ATM is called Mum :p

:lol: Yeah right, my son thinks I am one too! Know where he can get off!

When I was in USA 2 years ago, daughter did banking by drive through. She deposited money and the amount went in instantlly and showed up straight away! Some things the US can do better!

LL

prefect
04-04-2011, 07:50 PM
2 weeks ago I sold my boat on trademe. It sold less than 2 hours after I put it for sale, the guy came around gave me $500 deposit said he would internet rest that night around 8pm
Unbelievably by 10 am next morning it was there
I am ANZ he was BNZ.

Jester
04-04-2011, 09:41 PM
I wouldn't trust leaving money in a box on the wall! Hope it shows up for you one day soon :)