PDA

View Full Version : Dot net - Aspire Tel

woc
31-03-2011, 09:53 PM
I see that Aspire Tel - Dot Net is offering to distribute telco services on TradeMe

I have done some initial research and find that the owner of Aspier Tel - Bryan Holmes purchased the assets of Dot Net when it was placed into voluntary receivership by the owners David & Debby Blackburn in Late 2010.

There is no mention in the receivers report that the company had any significant assets apart from debtors. So cant establish what Asper Tel took over when the purchased the assets.

I am thinking of moving into telco services and was hopping the others may have some other infomation that they could share about this company or any others offering to distribute telco services.

Money is to hard to come by without giving it away to some fly by night outfit without a substantial backing.

Any information would be appreciated.

Chilling_Silence
01-04-2011, 08:50 AM
What kind of Telco services are you looking at getting into? Without me spending a bit of time doing background research in that company, I'm clueless about what they do? Fixed-line? Broadband? VoIP? Cellular? Wholesale services? Hardware?

;)

johcar
01-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Cellular services are already well-subscribed (don't know if they are making any money) via "MVNO" (Mobile Virtual Network Operator).

Unfortunately these MVNOs use the encumbent's networks, so whatever the physical drawback/weakness is for that particular network, the MVNO will suffer from it with no real ability to rectify the situation for their customers.

Added to that is the fees charged by the encumbent - difficult to compete for, say Voadfone customers, if you're using the Vodafone network, since Vodafone has the final say on what you will be charged, therefore limiting your ability to compete on price (service is a different matter - especially where Vodafone is concerned!! :D)

Check this out:

http://www.prepaidmvno.com/mvno-companies/asia-pacific-mvno-companies/new-zealand-mvno-companies/

The alternative is to do a 2 Degrees and build your own network. Time and money - lots of both - will be required...

woc
02-04-2011, 03:34 PM
What kind of Telco services are you looking at getting into? Without me spending a bit of time doing background research in that company, I'm clueless about what they do? Fixed-line? Broadband? VoIP? Cellular? Wholesale services? Hardware?

;)
Cellular, Broadband - Fixed line in it were price competitive.

I would compete on service as a lot of people want local back up when things go wrong. I already spend a lot of time trying to analyzing home networking faults - most of the time for free. Would be nice to pick up some additional business if I were able to offer an alternative service.

Chilling_Silence
02-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Why not look at reselling somebody like Orcon, HD or WxC?

woc
02-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Why not look at reselling somebody like Orcon, HD or WxC?

I was not awear that they had reselling systems in place.

I have most of my land telecoms systems with WxC

Chilling_Silence
02-04-2011, 09:24 PM
I think you get something like 15 / 20% with WxC? Ring them :)

johcar
05-04-2011, 11:10 AM
This is the company I was trying to think of the other day:

http://telcoinabox.co.nz/

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Telcoinabox

AspireTel
09-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Hi.

I'm Bryan AspireTel's GM.

Obviously my comments are not impartial, but keen to hear your response...

Under the AspireTel wholesale model, which you operate under your own brand, we provide our wholesalers with margins up to 75% depending on product type.

We provide tolls, land-lines, broadband, website design and hosting, domain renewals and registration, smart-phone services i.e. call-minder, mobile phone call plans, cloud based data back up services, computer maintenance, the list goes on.

Our set up fee is only $950.

Just to name a couple wholesalers... Telecom will charge $50,000 as a security deposit, just to get you in the door and telcoinabox require capital of $65,000 + GST...(refer http://www.franchise.co.nz/franchise-opportunities/841-telcoinabox)

Why would you pay $1000's on franchise fees, for a product that does not have a strong retail presence i.e. you buy a McDonald's franchise because consumers know the 'retail' brand and they will purchase from you because they recognize that brand, that's one of the main reasons why you buy a franchise.

I'm of the view our wholesale product offering is one of the strongest and most cost effective in the market today

woc
10-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Ok thanks for that Bryan.
Set up cost sounds reasonable.
I will be in touch to find out more about wholesale prices etc