PDA

View Full Version : Photo printing with Canon

03-10-2001, 05:25 PM
Hi!

I have a Canon BJC7100, running with my W2K Pro.

When printing photos (with glossy paper or not) The colors tend to brown... Not vivid colors like on my scree.

Tried new ink cartridge, print head, the driver is the current one (1.32). Tried printing with Adobe Photoshop and MS Photodraw.

Any ideas? Shall I try another glossy paper (non Canon one)? Change settings for the pics?

I tried with ICM on and off, to no avail too.

Thanks!

03-10-2001, 05:50 PM
Some food for thought.
Your printer probably prints in CMYK, and your monitor displays in RGB. rgb has a bigger gamet of colours and hence displays brighter and clearer than your printer can print.
If you want to get serious about printing good pictures with your canon, then you need to prepare your pictures in a program like Adobe Photoshop, where, after calibrating your monitor and Photoshop, you can display your pictures in CMYK, and come very close to WYSWYG (what you see is what you get).
When you reach this stage you can adjust the colours in Photoshop knowing that what you see on your monitor is what will print out on your printer.
There are some good sites on the net that go into a lot more detail about all of this.

03-10-2001, 05:58 PM
...it is not uncommon for the colours in printed photographs to appear somewhat differently than what you see on the monitor.

However, the good news is that the difference will (usually) be consistent and one can make the adjustments accordingly so as to arrive at a 'satisfactory' end product.

I would opine the answer to your question - 'change settings for the pics?' - is yes and if your system has a gammar correcter use that.

Cheers !!!

e_