PDA

View Full Version : 2.2G Orb drive

03-10-2001, 04:27 PM
My Orb drive has just gone kerfut after just shy of 2 years. It worked fine last night but today it simply tries to read a disc fails and ejects it (on all three discs I tried. My supplier says they have had a lot of problems with them and I should toss it and buy a CD-RW drive and they will copy my old Orb disc data onto CD.
Is the Orb drive worth getting repaired or should I just say bye bye to $800 of drive and discs and buy the CD-RW drive.
Anyone else ever had one successfully repaired and if so what was the pricing like?
Thanx

03-10-2001, 06:14 PM
I have also heard that many of those 'super disks' are unreliable.

I just had a look and DSE is selling at $97 internal and $147 external. They have been reduced to clear so it sounds like their not being made anymore.

If you use a lot of disks, or share files with many people then a CDRW will be a lot cheaper and more useful to you.

08-10-2001, 06:05 PM
Go the CDRW burner way get a good one 10x upwards if you do a lot of backups you cant go wrong the media is so cheap about 1.30 a disk that holds 700 megs of data and the speed of the newer writers is fantastic my 10x does a disk in 7 minutes !!