PDA

View Full Version : sharing internet connection without ICS

borax
24-03-2011, 09:57 PM
I have 2 XP machines that i am trying to share an internet connection with, but to no avail!!!
The machine that connects to the web uses a 3G dongle. I have the second machine connected via a router. Both machines can see each other, they are both pigable from each other. all firewalls have been disabled. If have tried access the internet on the 2nd machine with IP address only in the address bar.
I have gone through the windows ICS set-up but the internet does not connect on the 2nd machine.

What i am really after is some freeware internet sharing software/proxy type thing. Can anyone suggest anything?

TIA

Chilling_Silence
25-03-2011, 09:19 AM
The problem is your router isn't sharing the internet, but its been setup as the "gateway".

Change both so they have static IP addresses, and set the Gateway as the machine with the 3G card.

That, or use something like CC Proxy on the machine with the 3G card and have the secondary machine setup to use it:
http://www.youngzsoft.net/ccproxy/proxy-server-download.htm

borax
28-03-2011, 07:06 AM
i set both pc's with static IPs, and gave the client pc the ip of the server as the gateway, still didn't work though!! Used ccproxy instead, 5 minute job in the end using this, job done

thanks!