PDA

View Full Version : Please read

byron.babbage
19-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Greetings,

Since I was very young I have been passionate about computers my first computer was a Vic20 followed by a C64 and PCs. The whole industry and the technology excites me. The comradery of us against the users and accounts (of course we're more professional than that but you get what I mean)

I studied computers and trained as a programmer. My first job was as a programmer. I was well paid and successful, I was promoted reguarly.

Then things got unstuck I became burnt out. A few months later I tried returning to work but couldn't continue.

To cut a long story short I then studied my A+ and worked as an IT technician but I dearly miss programming.

Is there anyone out there who would be willing offer a work experience opportunity to someone keen to learn new pardigms and languages, experienced in older concepts and willing to work gratis? No expectations and no strings.

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't"

:thanks

Speedy Gonzales
19-03-2011, 03:30 PM
And the point is?

Renmoo
19-03-2011, 03:33 PM
And the point is?
Is there anyone out there who would be willing offer a work experience opportunity to someone keen to learn new pardigms and languages, experienced in older concepts and willing to work gratis? No expectations and no strings.

Renmoo
19-03-2011, 03:34 PM
*P.S. Nice username. I'm sure "Babbage" will bring back a lot of fond memories for some of the users here.

plod
19-03-2011, 03:36 PM
And the point is?

another pointless speedy post:thanks

Speedy Gonzales
19-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Thats me, what wld you do without me :D

bot
20-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Thats me, what wld you do without me :D

Exactly :D

Chilling_Silence
21-03-2011, 06:54 AM
It's not like it's difficult to even skim-read the post and find out what the OP was after.

Still, welcome to PF1 Byron, best of luck with your search :)

wmoore
21-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Tell us more about your story OP.

21-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Hi Byron

Just some friendly advice...
the topics subject looks a bit like spam, many may just ignore it.

Id leave this out when asking for work online, it may put some people off.
"Then things got unstuck I became burnt out. A few months later I tried returning to work but couldn't continue."

Cheers, good luck.

Agent_24
21-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Yeah some advice: topic names like "Please Read" are the worst kind you can write.

They provide no description of what the post is about, and many people ignore them because they can't be bothered loading the topic just to find out it's about something they don't care for, or think it may be spam.

I on the other hand usually do look at these kind of posts as I am always interested in what they might turn out to be... But I am sorry I can't help with your question either :(