PDA

View Full Version : Viewsonic Monitor and backlight

slofox
18-03-2011, 05:28 PM
I have been running a Viewsonic VX1940W LCD monitor here at work for just under three years (bought May '08).

Today it appears to have lost its backlight (I think). I was away from the puter for a while and came back to a black screen. Turning off and on, rebooting computer, running monitor with puter off all have the result of a dull display that appears for a few seconds and then blacks out again. Swapped to an old CRT which works fine so the fault is in the monitor not the puter. Tried the monitor on the shop security camera set-up with same result.

Wotcha reckon? Sound like a backlight? Fixable?

t'anx.

gcarmich
18-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Call Viewsonic, they have a 3 year warranty.

bk T
18-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Their service agent is based in Christchurch - you may have a problem in getting them to handle your problem.

gcarmich
18-03-2011, 06:33 PM
I beleive the service agent is VisualGroup who are up and running in new premises.

See their website http://www.visualgroup.co.nz/

slofox
18-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Call Viewsonic, they have a 3 year warranty.

Yeah - I'll do that. Couldn't remember the warranty length. Have to wait until Monday now. In the meantime it's back to life with a crappy old CRT...:mad:

Thanks for your replies.

Agent_24
19-03-2011, 12:17 AM
Wotcha reckon? Sound like a backlight? Fixable?

Probably dead capacitors in PSU\Inverter circuit.

If you get it fixed under warranty they will most likely just swap out the board with another that contains equally crappy capacitors.

If you actually want the thing fixed properly, replace all capacitors in PSU\Inverter with decent brand ones, not the standard junk used.