PDA

View Full Version : Analysis of Internet Usage

seekwn
17-03-2011, 09:13 PM
I have a particular problem. At the present time I find I go over my monthly 2G allowance and so incur an extra charge.

So I need find ways of keeping to my 2G limit. One way would be to somehow analyse on a daily basis exactly how much I have used.

Can anyone let me know of any software (preferably free) running on Windows 7 starter that would do this please?
I mainly use Firefox as a browser, and sometimes Google Chrome, Safari and Opera and occasionally ( where I have to ) Internet Explorer.
Such detail as: name of website including its URL.
Size of pages downloaded including any files (PDF, DOC and any programs)
Date of browsing site

Time spent on site

Would be the type of data I need.

Since writing this post I have found that the free program “Super Winspy” will do some of what I need. However it seems as though it only works with Internet Explorer and I need similar data using Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera.

Does any one know of a similar free program to do this please?

Also I still need a way of determining how much data was downloaded from these web sites to give me the complete picture.

So any further help anyone can give me would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Alistair
Levin

GameJunkie
17-03-2011, 09:33 PM
who's your ISP?

Chilling_Silence
18-03-2011, 07:56 AM
I would personally opt for using something like a Linksys WRT54GL router with Gargoyle on it. You can then set daily limits for yourself that resets every night (For example, 200MB), and when it goes over you can either have it throttle back your PC, or simply stop all traffic altogether.

Doesn't run on your PC though...

That, or switch to an ISP / plan with a bigger cap? :D

seekwn
18-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Thank you for your reply. I should have said before my ISP is vodafone and I use a wireless VODEM.

Thanks again.

Alistair

Chilling_Silence
18-03-2011, 01:11 PM
I thought the Vodem software kept track of that for you?