PDA

View Full Version : McAfee Site Advisor

Pato
16-03-2011, 11:13 AM
I have a puzzling problem. The above program disappeared from my taskbar. I downloaded it again and it appeared to install ok, but it doesn't show up in the taskbar. I am using Firefox.
I think old age is catching up with me because I can't figure out what has gone wrong.?

inphinity
16-03-2011, 11:41 AM
What antivirus/security product are you using? Maybe it doesn't like McAfee's Shite Advisor much ;)

Pato
16-03-2011, 01:26 PM
What antivirus/security product are you using? Maybe it doesn't like McAfee's Shite Advisor much ;)ESET Smart Security 4. I have had McAfees working some time with the antivirus program.
I take it you are not impressed with this program.? I am not too worried about it not working, but just curious as to why not.

wratterus
16-03-2011, 01:32 PM
I would uninstall siteadvisor and forget about it. I've never liked anything from McAfee.

Seeing you're using firefox, install this (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/wot-safe-browsing-tool/)addon instead, it does a similar thing and probably does a better job than the McAfee thing too.

Pato
16-03-2011, 01:58 PM
I would uninstall siteadvisor and forget about it. I've never liked anything from McAfee.

Seeing you're using firefox, install this (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/wot-safe-browsing-tool/)addon instead, it does a similar thing and probably does a better job than the McAfee thing too.
Thanks. Just installed WOT. I suspect that one of the add-ons is stopping McAfee loading. Cheers.

Snorkbox
16-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Funny that. I just uninstalled web of trust last night as it interfered with my file format open with choices. I think you will find a file types program associated with WOT.

Snorkbox
16-03-2011, 02:15 PM
The WOT came with a replacement Media player I downloaded and WOT came with the file types thing.

wratterus
16-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Hmm, I haven't seen that happen myself. Did you get it from the WOT site or the firefox addon site?

Snorkbox
16-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Neither. I don't use Firefox addons.

I downloaded a media player to Win7 N as I can't use WMP. See other thread.

WOT came with it.

Can't think of the player I downloaded off hand but will try and find it.

Pato
16-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Funny that. I just uninstalled web of trust last night as it interfered with my file format open with choices. I think you will find a file types program associated with WOT.Thats interesting. I will see how it goes. I found McAfee works ok in IE so it must be an add-on in Firefox not allowing me to install it. Not too worried about it!!