PDA

View Full Version : Image gallery-Anonymous upload?

lagbort
15-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Is there any online image gallery service that would let me create and manage a gallery of pictures but allow anonymous users to upload images and view the gallery without having to sign up for an account or do any form of login?

inphinity
15-03-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm not aware of any offhand, and my first reaction is "Are you *trying* to get the most disturbing and/or explicit pictures possible?" Heh. The sort of things you'll get from allowing random submissions from anyone anonymously could be bad ;)

lagbort
15-03-2011, 11:25 AM
its actually for a uni project that is about embedding pre made functionality into a new site (ie google maps), I have to have an area where users can view and upload photos about the page topic. I could write a php script to just upload and display pictures on the server itself but as the lecturer said today he wants us to write as little of our own code as possible.

kahawai chaser
15-03-2011, 12:36 PM
If you are going to use Google maps, which would require sign up/in, it might be beneficial to use Google's Picassa Online. This might allow easy integration between the two, including Google Earth, and many of their other online services.

lagbort
15-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Google maps doesn't require any sort of sign in...

kahawai chaser
15-03-2011, 12:56 PM
I see, what I meant was if you were to edit/create a Google Map, which I do a bit. But signing in give a lot more features. It seems then, that you won't be adding images to a map. There are free image hosts, which I use to use, but might be limited. Comparison table here (http://www.isoftwarereviews.com/top-19-free-image-hosting-sites/), including without registration.

lagbort
17-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Apologies for the thread bump but I came across a site that met all my requirements today.

www.yogile.com allows you to create a gallery that allows anonymous uploads as well as being able to log in to manage the gallery.

hopefully this helps someone else out in the future