PDA

View Full Version : Funny XTRA email behaviour

Billy
12-03-2011, 01:33 PM
I have 2 xtra sub accounts A and B.

I can send emails from each A & B without any problem. Perfect!

Sub account A can receive emails without any problem. (IE They turn up in Thunderbird correctly). Perfect!

However, when people send emails to sub account B the emails end up in Yahoo mail INBOX and are not sent through to Thunderbird. A real puzzle! :groan:

Thanks in advance.

SYSTEM:
Thunderbird 3.6.15
W7 32 bit

(pop3.xtra.co.nz, port 995, Connection Security SSL/TLS, Authentication method=Normal;
SMTP, port 25, no authentication)

The Account Settings seem to be the same for both A & B.

Safari
12-03-2011, 02:42 PM
They don't get sent through, you download with Thunderbird when it checks for new mail. If they are staying in webmail you are not downloading them.
Are you sure Thunderbird is checking for new mail using both accounts.
Next to Get Mail inthe top left there is an arrow. Click on that and select each account individually and see if one comes up with an error message.

Billy
12-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Are you sure Thunderbird is checking for new mail using both accounts.
Next to Get Mail inthe top left there is an arrow. Click on that and select each account individually and see if one comes up with an error message.

When I click the DROP ARROW you are refering to, all accounts show.

When I ask TB to get all new messages, emails from B don't come in.

When I did each account individually, it asked for a password for B. Then it bought the emails from B in.

Now when I ask TB to get all messages, emails from B come in automatically.

So that fixed the problem.

CONCLUSION: The "Get All New Messages" only refers to accounts where a password has been previously entered.

Thanks.

PS Hope the fix is permanent!