PDA

View Full Version : Are there neighbourhood barbers in auckland?

Question
11-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Walking around auckland, i've only seen high class saloons so far, and they look like the kind of place to charge $50 for a simple haircut...

inphinity
11-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Most of the malls have cheap places like Just Cuts, Kess & Shearing Shed etc that depending on the area can be from as little as about $16 for a simple cut.

Billy T
11-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Yes, there's two in my local shopping centre, one cheap, one expensive (considering that I have sod-all hair). There are quite a few around I think, especially near secondary schools with strict hair regs!

I certainly see them as I drive around. Check 'Hairdressers Men' in the Yellow pages (page 841).

Cheers

Billy (8-{)

gary67
11-03-2011, 11:46 AM
I bought a pair of hair clippers and SWMBO does my hair

Nomad
11-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Walking around auckland, i've only seen high class saloons so far, and they look like the kind of place to charge $50 for a simple haircut...

Yeah .. barbers in the city etc. do charge $50, they cater to the corporate market.
If you wanted a real salon in the CBD they prob charge $70-100 for a wash and cut :p

Just Cuts maybe away from the CBD.. isn't exactly cheap, they charge like $28 or so .. if you want clippers used I think it's about $15. They won't use scissors. You also need to wash your hair within the last 24hr and have no hair products. If you do they charge you more for a wash or you could go home and clean it first.

There are barbers around ... maybe a stroll away from the main CBD or in the suburbs. $10-15 I guess.
Mind you if you wanted a normal salon in the suburbs, some would still charge you $70.

pctek
11-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Millions.
There's the guy down Te Atatu Rd that charges $10 -sign says barber.

But I go to my friend who charges nothing.

pctek
11-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Mind you if you wanted a normal salon in the suburbs, some would still charge you $70.

No. Ladies hair (which costs more than mens, why I don't know), cost in Sturges Rd Hair Saloon $35.

Question
11-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Im still not familiar with auckland's geography yet. Is newmarket/parnell considered the CBD area? Or?

Speedy Gonzales
11-03-2011, 04:13 PM
More like the fashion / more expensive part of Auckland. CBD is probably Queen St / around that area

pctek
12-03-2011, 07:11 AM
Is newmarket/parnell considered the CBD area? Or?

Edges of it. And expensive.

Renmoo
12-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Yeah .. barbers in the city etc. do charge $50, they cater to the corporate market.
If you wanted a real salon in the CBD they prob charge $70-100 for a wash and cut :p

Just Cuts maybe away from the CBD.. isn't exactly cheap, they charge like $28 or so .. if you want clippers used I think it's about $15. They won't use scissors. You also need to wash your hair within the last 24hr and have no hair products. If you do they charge you more for a wash or you could go home and clean it first.

There are barbers around ... maybe a stroll away from the main CBD or in the suburbs. $10-15 I guess.
Next to Just Cuts is a barber school shop. They charge $0 for the haircut, but they expect a small tip to be given when they are done cutting your hair.

Near Tai Ping in Newmarket there is an Asian barber shop. They charge about $12 for a men's haircut.

Cato
12-03-2011, 01:20 PM
I go to these guys if I am in Auckland http://www.maloneys.co.nz/

It's about pretty much just before the lights on Victoria before it meets Wellesley.

Question
12-03-2011, 02:01 PM
I went to a place called fast cuts near Rialto cinema. $15 for a men's haircut, but it ended up too short so it looks kind of shitty until the hair grows...